Annoying 600d audio question

Started by captain-stormy, March 14, 2014, 12:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain-stormy

Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has helped bring ML about!
Now for my annoying question (I swear I've googled extensively but found no definitive answer)...

On the Unified page it says that ML has less audio control of the 600d. What does this mean in practical terms? I'm set to buy either the 550d or the 600d. I will be recording audio directly from a Rode VMP. I want to have as much control of my sound as is possible through the DSLR. I'd also like to be able to monitor sound using headphones.

So my question is... are the lack of ML audio controls on the 600d much of a problem? Will I be better off to go for the 550d so as to have full ML audio options?

Thanks in advance!

1%

the nighties have had audio controls for a year.

captain-stormy

But that's an unstable release, right? Does that mean any problems with videos stopping unexpectedly etc.? I will be recording interviews and can't risk losing speech.

Audionut

The stable release simply means that a number of users tested the build and no issues were reported.

Quote from: captain-stormy on March 14, 2014, 12:54:31 AM
Does that mean any problems with videos stopping unexpectedly etc.?

Try it and find out.  If you find bugs, feel free to report them.  If they are show stopper bugs, feel free to reinstall the stable version.

captain-stormy

My question is more to ask whether the ML audio control for the stable releases differ dramatically between the 550d and 600d... whether either one is lacking.

I would love to try it and find out, but as I said, I do not have either camera and am asking so that I might know which to buy.

Thanks again.

1%

2.3 is a year (or more) behind... it kind of ebbs and flows. get a 600D over a 550D any day. It supports exfat and has a better sensor.

captain-stormy