New 5D Mark III Firmware 4K? (Not official)

Started by budafilms, March 10, 2014, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafilms

I was reading differents topics - not oficial, only commentaries - because GH4, BMC, Nikon and very cheap cameras are introducing 4K-2K and Pro Res and DNGs to their cameras. And some people say that 5D Mark III are ready to support more resolution than full hd.

I think this is the best place to know if this could be true in the future or not.

Of course, we are talking about less bit, or only h264, maybe others.

In my case, that could be great and the best turn from Canon.

a1ex

Quote from: budafilms on March 10, 2014, 06:07:00 AM
I think this is the best place to know if this could be true in the future or not.

The best place for this is http://www.canonrumors.com/ ;)

budafilms

They had rumours, not facts.
The hardware of 5D mark III it's ready for an strong upgrade to 4k video? or 2.5?

A gift for you A1ex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wsYM1GgQLU

1%

If they ported the mjpeg like on 1DC they could probably squeeze out whatever the max live view size is in 1x. Maybe they can also make another crop style mode thats closer to 2.5k or so but I don't think this is how canon rolls

budafilms

It's a hope!
Something they have to do, they can't low the price to a half, like other new cameras.
And as we know, they are not contemplate the Raw capabilities.

Audionut

I doubt they would add this functionality, when they can simply release a new body and have a significant portion of existing users upgrade.

budafilms

Yes, it's other hypothesis! A good one!
But replace 5D Mark III right now could be a disaster for the portion of market share. It's very soon. A lot of people can migrate to others brands as Panasonic Gh4 4K (Ugly whites blown up) BMC pocket (too greenish, and lot of problems in highlights).

I think they probably can do an upgrade to the HDMI out, to get Mjpeg or H264 in 2.5K in an external recorder, like today with the uncompressed.

Remember, they have doing this kind of change from the arrival of Mark III (Uncompressed HDMI, Mirror monitoring, Focus Lenses, etc).

Audionut

It wasn't an hypothesis, it was an opinion.

If I wanted to make hypotheses

Quote from: a1ex on March 10, 2014, 09:26:40 AM
The best place for that would be http://www.canonrumors.com/ ;)

budafilms

Quote from: Audionut on March 11, 2014, 04:29:14 AM
It wasn't an hypothesis, it was an opinion.

If I wanted to make hypotheses

hy·poth·e·sis  (hī-pŏth′ĭ-sĭs)
n. pl. hy·poth·e·ses (-sēz′)
1. A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.
2. Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.

Audionut

Heh, an English lesson.

My opinion wasn't an explanation, tentative or otherwise, for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.

Nor was it something taken to be true.  Considering I preceded my opinion with, "I doubt", this should be obvious.

o·pin·ion
[uh-pin-yuhn] Show IPA
noun

• a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
  • a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

budafilms