MLV Raw Audio not synching

Started by f-Stop Movies, March 12, 2014, 12:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f-Stop Movies

Hi. Been lurking and reading for a while but can't seem to find info on synching the MLV Audio after the DNG's have been extracted.

Here's what i'm doing.

Am running both mlv_rec and mlv_sound.

When I play the MLV file with ML Raw viewer the audio is synched up just fine.  However, there's something going on in after effects.

I use MLV Converter and it exports all the DNGs to the designated folder as well as the WAV file.  After this I use Adobe AE and import the files...This is where I am a bit stuck. I can import the DNG sequence fine but when i import the audio I realize the audio is just a bit longer and will not synch with the video.

I was reading a thread where someone mentioned to set the import frame rate in AE to match that of the camera. Did that and it didn't seem to work.

Can someone help me get past this frustrating learning stage.

Thanks.

Am shooting at 1920x1080  ....on screen it says 23.976fps.
Using ML Version V2.3.NEXT.2014Mar01.5D3113

Don't think it matters but am using Lexar X1000 32Gig

chmee

i bet, the Video is running with 24fps or with 23.98fps (therefore a little bit faster than designated).
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

f-Stop Movies

chemee. I just tried to edit the import frame rate in Adobe AE to each of these and tried. 24, 23.973 (as display says), and then what you just mentioned at 23.98. Still doesn't line up  :-\

f-Stop Movies

I have been playing with the import frame rate in AE. the one clip I was working with lined up at 23.67FPS import. However, I did another clip, imported at the same fps and it's off again.

Frank7D

Quote from: f-Stop Movies on March 12, 2014, 03:04:39 AM
I have been playing with the import frame rate in AE. the one clip I was working with lined up at 23.67FPS import. However, I did another clip, imported at the same fps and it's off again.

Are you sure the audio is out of sync, or is it just that the audio is longer than the video? Because it is normal for the WAV clip to be longer than the dng sequence. It is still in sync; just line up the beginnings and don't worry about the ends. At least, that's how it is for me.

f-Stop Movies

Well, that was a good 5 hours of trying to synch something that didn't need synching.   So what I noticed with the one little 20 second clip of me talking was that the audio clip (as you said it) is longer by 6 frames. I was trying like mad to get it all to line up. Messing with frames, clip speed, etc. Now I just left it as is and it seems fine. Man, i feel like an idiot. that little audio tail at the end bugs me tho. Will have to chop it off each time.

Frank7D...thanks for allowing me to go to sleep tonight. More testing tomorrow. I godda tell ya, man. This raw stuff is addicting!  I will run a few more test tomorrow to verify that it's really synchin up and report back.

thanks again.

johnny5d

I know its a old topic, but I still can't find a solution to sync the audio from my AF 23,976 MVL file...

Can someone help me out?

Frank7D

If you'll notice, the "problem" described in this thread turned out to not really be one. If you're seeing something different, you'll need to describe your issue in detail if you want help

johnny5d

I understand.

Let me try to explain.
I create a video file from the mlv RAW file.
There for I use AF and RAW2DNG.
I change the FPS to 23,976 and export to mov with blackmagic 10 bit.

When ik add the mov file to sonyvegas timeline together with the ML audio file, then the audio file is longer then the video file.

Hope this is enough information

kind regads and thanks for your support!

Johnny

HeldvomFeld

Yes. As has been said a hundred Times,that is normal. Simply line up the beginning and Cut the ending.