Trailer for film festival competition - a technical question

Started by MartijnR, March 11, 2014, 02:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartijnR

Dear Magic Lantern,

I have created a trailer for a film festival competition (horror, sci-fi, etc) with my Mark III and am pleased with the raw footage, but have a question.

- When shooting the footage, all scenes with artificial lighting, were way of the actual colours. Considering that I am slightly colour blind, is there a way to get an auto balance in the raw shooting? After entering it in ACR, it was impossible for me to get the right tint and temperature (most dark outside lit shots looked yellowish). Especially after adding a LUT, all colours were even more unrealistic.
After a lot of testing, I got them somewhat right, but still feel that (also after getting rid of a lot of saturation) I lost a lot of image quality.
It would be great to get footage that is nearly perfectly natural regarding colours...

Thanks a lot,

Martijn

MartijnR

Ah, forgot: One more question. Is it normal that with an ISO above 1250, things start really noisy (also with denoising techniques)? I saw some videos with much higher ISOs, but they still looked incredible....in contrary to my own tests.

Thanks,

Martijn