Problems with converting using RAWMagic

Started by allaroundartsy, March 07, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaroundartsy

I'm having an issue with converting my .raw files to image sequences through RAWMagic.
The footage spans over 6 files. When I place the 6 files that make up the sequence into RAWMagic, I get the following message "No files were added to the queue. Make sure all of your files are in the proper format. If you're trying to add a spanned sequence, you must add all the files in the sequence at once."
Is the file corrupted? What can I do to get the footage off of it? I did not have this issue with any other clips. One thing I though may of possibly caused it is that while we were filming this long take we ran out of space on the card- could that of caused the file to corrupt?

So with all of this said, I am looking for solutions on how to get the footage from this file sequence. Thank you!

Midphase

Could you (or an admin) please repost this in the appropriate section? There is already a RAWMagic thread in the Post Processing forum and you should really post the question there.

LEVISDAVIS

There is a way to take the spanned RAW files and place a "finish" line code to the file. From what I remember you join all the files together. Then you take the last few lines of code and replace them with another line of code that tell Raw Magic how much footage it needs to render out.

I am researching the location on how to do it myself... Been so long.
Levi S. Davis

Davebawx

Are you on a Mac? if so there's a simple terminal command you can enter and it'll merge them all to open in rawMagic. I don't remember what it is though. Just search the forum for it. Super simple.