How to convert Raw footage over 4gb?

Started by SiMAN369, June 04, 2014, 11:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiMAN369

No problem post processing anything under 4gb, but footage over 4gb simply won't work.

Using Photoshop CS6
RAWMagic Lite
QuickTime Player 7 Pro
MlRawViewer
(Mac)

ted ramasola

"simply wont work" is not going to get you a lot of useful answers.

Indicate in a detailed step by step order what happens when you process a file more than 4gig.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Thomas Worth

Quote from: SiMAN369 on June 04, 2014, 11:51:08 PM
No problem post processing anything under 4gb, but footage over 4gb simply won't work.
Make sure the drive to which you are writing your converted files is not formatted as FAT32. As a 32 bit file system, the maximum addressable file length is 4 GB.

SiMAN369

Thanks for the responses. After attempting to open a raw file (4.29gb) with a conversion tool such as RAWMagic Lite, the program says 'No files were added', 'Make sure all of your files are in the proper format', 'If you're trying to add a spanned sequence, you must add all the files in the sequence at once'. This process works with any file under 4gb.

After recording with the RAW module on a 5D Mk iii running the nightly build, I copy the footage to my hard drive. I then first use RAWMagic Lite to convert the .RAW footage to .DNG. However I cannot get past this stage with over 4gb files.

My hard drive is formatted as Mac OS extended (Journaled).

Thomas Worth

Quote from: SiMAN369 on June 05, 2014, 08:50:25 PM
Thanks for the responses. After attempting to open a raw file (4.29gb) with a conversion tool such as RAWMagic Lite, the program says 'No files were added', 'Make sure all of your files are in the proper format', 'If you're trying to add a spanned sequence, you must add all the files in the sequence at once'. This process works with any file under 4gb.
If you have a sequence of files, like this:

M05-1234.RAW
M05-1234.R00
M05-1234.R01

You must highlight them all and then drag the entire group of files onto RAWMagic's window. You can't just drag M05-1234.RAW by itself because Apple's sandboxing would only allow the app to access the first file (the one you granted the app access to by dragging it), which is 4 GB.