Trouble with HDR Settings

Started by esotericvision, March 07, 2014, 01:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esotericvision

Hi,

I'm shooting HDR (stills) with the 5D Mark II and new to Magic Lantern. It's set on 8 frames with 2 stops between each frame and no mirror lockup. It's a recent download (within three weeks) of Magic Lantern as well. Anyway, I notice that buffer size used to be 13 frames in RAW but now it's 5 frames. Sometimes, the camera will run through the 8 frames without slowing down and sometimes it will hang a bit for the buffer to clear.  I find that I can take the the same angle shot under the same conditions and get either result. I am making sure to wait for the buffer to clear. Is there a setting or fix for this?

Best,

Ben

engardeknave

I use almost every nightly on the 5D2 and take hundreds of 8x2ev brackets. I have never experienced this behavior. Sounds like a slow CF card.

ItsMeLenny

Depending if you're using SD or CF, this applies to both. It it's the same card you were using before that has slowed down.
Do a format in the computer to make it blank (that step probably isn't needed).
And do a low level format in the camera, but with the option to get rid of ML (if you haven't tried low level format before, then you could try with the option to leave ML on).
After that manually put ML back onto the card.

esotericvision