Hey Everyone. Fell off the Earth and now I'm back

Started by kihlbahkt, March 01, 2014, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kihlbahkt

Been using since 2.3 come out. Just a shout out to the ML crowd. I just downloaded and am running  a recent nightly build. Did a focus stack today that  turned out great. It was really just a test but was so impressed with the ease of execution that I had to login and say that I HEART Magic Lantern. Shooting with nifty 50 @ f2 shooting an orchid and thought "I should do a focus stack to get the flower in the back and the one in the front both in focus". Sure I can manually focus a stack but why worry when ML will do it for me and with precision. Auto Blend in PS and wow, lovely deep DOF image is produced.  Have not been here for months and I get back to read about RAW video across the Canon DSLRs. You guys are amazing. I know it is boring to hear someone praise focus stacking so I will quickly list the "cant do without" features... focus peak, zebras, Auto WB, Overlays, and several others I can't seem to list but I have come to expect on my Canons.  I would be lost if I hit the Delete button and no ML was there. Cheers and keep up the good work.
600D x2