Can i find older builds somewhere?

Started by reima000, February 26, 2014, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reima000

Hello!

I am trying to make some awesome cloud timelapses with 5dmk2, magic lantern raw video and fps override :--)

However, I am annoyed beyond words with this bug that the first frame gets duplicated, like so 1-2-1-3-1-4-1-5-1.... In one video i had couple of thousand frames that were all duplicates of the first one! And then about halfway it started recording every other normally and every other was a duplicate of the first one. Here's the bug;  https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1755/duplicate-first-frame-with-low-fps

So, the guy who wrote the issue says that the problem was solved in some build ("The problem was solved in a1ex August builds (not in a.d. builds) and come back in a1ex builds:") And I was thinking that if I could get my hands on some of the older builds that doesn't have this problem, it would make my life quite a bit easier :)

Reima

mageye

5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

reima000

Thanks for the reply. Is there some kind way to get older builds than 2013-11-25? I believe i need something from August. And are there different kinds of builds, since hes talking about a1ex builds?

ayshih

Are you using a nightly build, and if so, what's the date?  You're encountering a 5D2-specific bug that ted ramasola has been very interested in seeing fixed, and his latest test suggests that the bug is fixed as of the Feb 24 build.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

reddeercity

reima000

Thanks again! I did a quick try on 2013-09-10, no luck, same frame repeating. Yesterday on 26th I tried the newest build, and i also tried the 24th. I am not quite sure what Ted Ramasolas freeze bug is, if it's this one or not... I'll continue studying the forums after the days work.

ayshih

You can see ted ramasola describe the bug here and here, and it's also brought up in later posts (with responses by a1ex here and here).  Perhaps ted ramasola inadvertently did something different to be able to not experience the bug when testing the Feb 24th build.
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x