LiveView Investigation

Started by theBilalFakhouri, August 27, 2020, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed

psieg2

"I just need to finish working on 650D / 700D / EOS M/M2 / 100D family"

Bilal if you were to update the M2 build with this I would travel to wherever in the world you are and kiss your feet.

ANY updates or improvements to the M2 build are enormously appreciated.... but frankly it has many problems greater than this... but I would LOVE to have this in my M2.

Please and Thank you regardless.

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on March 01, 2023, 07:17:52 PM
Come on, 5D3 users are not forgotten . . at least not yet :P
I stopped working for now on 5D3, last update was here, surely I am getting closer, but unfortunately nothing . . yet.

I just need to finish working on 650D / 700D / EOS M/M2 / 100D family (might finish in two months), then after that my ML time would be dedicated to 5D3 to the rest of the year.
I hope I won't give up, even if I did, other devs will have the info which will be documented in future.

The research was started on 700D back in august 2020, and only this year (after ~2.4 years?) I was able to get an interesting results.
I again, really hope to get something this year on 5D3, but hope isn't enough really . . at least I can say my skills are improving overtime which translate to figuring out stuff faster (if it was not very complex) compared to me in the past years, like 2018 :P:

I was "New to the forum" member back then, didn't know anything about coding/reverse engineering, ML project was exciting/amazing enough to get me involved.
So: patience please :) , BTW do you still have your EOS M? if yes, you might get some exciting news for it next month ;D

SebastianC

Is There some new AI technology that can help to develop ML?

names_are_hard

No, AI can't really write code and most of ML isn't writing code anyway, it's reversing camera functionality.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: psieg2 on March 29, 2023, 07:08:47 PM
Bilal if you were to update the M2 build with this..
ANY updates or improvements to the M2 build are enormously appreciated.... but frankly it has many problems greater than this... but I would LOVE to have this in my M2.

Sorry for the delay.

First step would be to check EOS M2 port in general without crop mood, when we make sure it's stable, then porting crop mood should be an easy task.
Probably I will try to port EOS M2 after releasing the new build and source code. Hope it will work out without issues on EOS M2. Don't hold your breath please!

psieg2

Bilal,

I will try the CropMood on M2 when you release it, but am certain it will not work as no other non-M2 build works (I have tried).

I will update you with the results.

Oh and I donated 50 pounds to your effort last night!

Thanks!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: psieg2 on April 10, 2023, 08:05:26 PM
I will try the CropMood on M2 when you release it,

Currently EOS M2 isn't supported yet in crop mood build. It won't be there a version for EOS M2 when I release the new build.
Only 650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D will have a build for now. EOS M2 needs to be ported, I will try to do that in future after the release.

but am certain it will not work as no other non-M2 build works (I have tried).

You can't install a build for X model on Y model, it doesn't work like this and it will never work.
You will need a dedicated version for EOS M2 to able to use it on EOS M2.

Oh and I donated 50 pounds to your effort last night!

Thank you very much for your support!
I think you are on EOS M Facebook group too?

psieg2

Yes I am on EOS M facebook group as well.

HugoMouteira

Mr. Bilal

I would like to thank you for your hard work with our community. I would like to ask you a question. Are you able to bring crop mood as well to the 6D? I dont own one, but I am actually wantind to own one because of its color science (some say its better than 5D3 for photography in colours and competes vs 5D2 and 5D classic). It seems to be even better in low ISO than the 5D3 and in some occasions, it even focus better than the 5D3 (Photography wise), hence, should be the better camera for video. Since they share the same processor, arent you capable of porting the crop mood with all the bells and whistles to it?

Again, thanks for your hard work!
Best regards from Portugal!

a.sintes

"hence, should be the better camera for video"
...until you discover the 5D3 got two memory card slots instead of one for the 6D, Magic Lantern allowing combined SD+CF card spanning technique that provides massive RAW writing performances :p
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

HugoMouteira

Ok. I wanst aware of that spanning technique. My fault, still, would be better handling higher ISOs. But the other cameras can go to 5k, 6D shouldnt be problematic, right?

theBilalFakhouri

@HugoMouteira

Thanks! if you mean getting real-time preview for custom high resolution presets on 6D:

6D is more similar to 5D3 and 70D (all of them have DIGIC 5+ SoC), current preview work (in crop mood) does only work on 650D / 700D / EOS M / EOS M2 / 100D (DIGIC 5, without plus) and this due to some differences among DIGIC 5 and DIGIC 5+ families, hence we will need to reverse engineer LiveView on DIGIC 5+ mostly from scratch, and currently I am still in the beginning phase.

I have both 5D3 and 70D, any progress on one of these model will mostly translate to the other two models, if I could achieve something on 5D3, it willl mostly be just matter of copy paste to 6D (due to similarities).
Unfortunately, no one can predict when we will get something working on 5D3, it may take months / years or may not happen at all, so I can't promise anything, but I can say that I am currently working on it.

kizza1234

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on August 21, 2023, 08:37:08 PM@HugoMouteira

Thanks! if you mean getting real-time preview for custom high resolution presets on 6D:

6D is more similar to 5D3 and 70D (all of them have DIGIC 5+ SoC), current preview work (in crop mood) does only work on 650D / 700D / EOS M / EOS M2 / 100D (DIGIC 5, without plus) and this due to some differences among DIGIC 5 and DIGIC 5+ families, hence we will need to reverse engineer LiveView on DIGIC 5+ mostly from scratch, and currently I am still in the beginning phase.

I have both 5D3 and 70D, any progress on one of these model will mostly translate to the other two models, if I could achieve something on 5D3, it willl mostly be just matter of copy paste to 6D (due to similarities).
Unfortunately, no one can predict when we will get something working on 5D3, it may take months / years or may not happen at all, so I can't promise anything, but I can say that I am currently working on it.

Hey Bilal, just wanted to check in with you if there was anything you might need help with? I am not a programmer, but I do own a 5D III if you needed me to test anything etc.