Did I brick my T3i/600D?

Started by danielcanon, February 22, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcanon

Hi.
First I put only 600d.fir on the card and it showed a error. Then I put 600d.fir and "ML" folder; I tried to install it but I think I bricked my camera because I didn't put autoexec.bin on the SD.

I tried everything: Canon battery, generic battery, Sandisk card, generic card, microSD card.

Did I brick it?  :-[

Edit: I also tried the diagnostic tools (I don't know if I did it right), but it only blinks when I remove the battery.

tjaja

Have u turned on boot flag checksum on your card?
5DFree, 550D, canon 50mm 1.4

danielcanon

tjaja

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

Please follow the install procedure, read it. Then when you are stuck somewhere you can be helped.

danielcanon

I made a bootable SD with EOSCard and it blinks when I change AF/MF on the lens, when I open the battery compartment and when I turn on/off the camera, but the LCD, the autofocus and the viewfinder aren't working :(

Walter Schulz

You need AUTOEXEC.BIN and ML directory on the card, too. Have you?

danielcanon

Yes, I put it on the card and installed with EOSCard.

Walter Schulz

danielcanon

tupp

I don't that it is clear whether you copied the files directly or whether you copied the files by somehow using "EOSCard."

1%

Did you try no card after a battery pull?

danielcanon

Quote from: tupp on February 22, 2014, 11:42:57 PM
I don't that it is clear whether you copied the files directly or whether you copied the files by somehow using "EOSCard."
I put the files on the card then I used EOSCard.
Quote from: 1% on February 23, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
Did you try no card after a battery pull?
Yes, no blink. Nothing.

1%

Yea, it wouldn't blink when there is no card.. except when the SD sense switch inside is broken.

Battery out, card out, battery in + door close. Camera on. Also try changing to other modes and hitting the info button. Look in the VF too when its on and see if there is any light.

danielcanon

tjaja

danielcanon

rainless

I think it's RIDICULOUSLY hard to brick this camera. :)

I had a similar problem: I thought the camera was off so I switched cards, turns out it was just in standby mode. The two cards had two different versions of ML. (a nightly. and TL) so when I brought the camera out of sleep mode there was an error and it shut down and wouldn't boot with any card but the TL card. (It also wouldn't boot with NO card in the camera).

I had to take out the battery multiple times and try different combinations of having a card and not having the card in the camera. I think I was finally able to get it to boot with a card that never had ML on it. Then with no card in. Then after that it finally worked with all cards. Including the nightly card.

So I would try that: A card with no ML and no card. And keep taking the battery out and putting it back in.

If that light is still coming on when you insert the battery or open the SD card slot... then I doubt it's really bricked.

Also try connecting the camera to an HDMI monitor.
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models