Want ML and got Canon 7D FW2.0.5?

Started by StianAarr, February 22, 2014, 08:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StianAarr

Hi,
After i got the 7D, i wanted ML, for video production, and i updated to 2.0.5 firmware from canon, which i regret to, because ML for 7D is only for FW2.0.3, but i found a way to degrade the firmware from 2.0.5--->2.0.3.

1. Just download the original Canon 7D update ( 2.0.3 ), from their webpage.

2. Format your CF card, charge your battery to 100%, my new battery used over 50% of it for "updating" it, so i recommend you to charge it.

3. Then when updated to 2.0.3, format your card, move these files over to your CF card an "update" your firmware.

4. Your'e done and MagicLantern is installed on your 7D, but! You'll have to "update" it with the ML files every time you want to use it, and if you format your card, it will delete ALL your files, including ML files, so if you format your CF card, you'll have to move the MAGIC.fir and ML.zip into the CF card again, but it would'nt take a too long time.

I am not responsible for any damage too your camera, i've done this 4 times before with both 5D and 7D, and never failed, so it is easy

Good luck, and wish you the best...

Best Regards,
Stian Aarrestad,
fotografstianaarrestad.com

Andy600

I can appreciate you're trying to help but seriously, offering a FW to download in your first post is extremely irresponsible.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

StianAarr

ted ramasola

Quote from: StianAarr on February 22, 2014, 08:02:01 PM

Either me or ML are responsible for any damage too your camera, i've done this 4 times before with both 5D and 7D, and never failed, so it is easy

Good luck, and wish you the best...

Best Regards,
Stian Aarrestad,
fotografstianaarrestad.com

So by this statement Stian YOU ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE? Don't drag ML in this statement. Take care with your words and claims.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Walter Schulz

I think he meant:
Either -> Neither
too -> to

... at least ...

Audionut

It's a little premature to make claims on behalf of the Magic Lantern development team, either way.

There are a bunch of posts regarding the installation and usage of ML for the 7D.  So I will move this post to the duplicate section.

@StianAarr

While the intent of your post is in good nature, please be considerate of creating duplicate posts, and especially, considerate of making claims on behalf of others.

Thanks.

Cinema Verde

Hi there,
I'm new to ML but very interested in trying it out on my 7D.  I just upgrade my firmware to 2.0.5.  Didn't realize that I needed 2.0.3 for ML to load up.  Can't seem to find 2.0.3 on the Canon site.  Does anyone know where I can find the 2.0.3 Canon firmware?

Walter Schulz

You want to revisit the Nightly Build download page.

Pelican

1. Just download the original Canon 7D update ( 2.0.3 ), from their webpage.
Canon doesn't keep old fw updates on their sites.

4. Your'e done and MagicLantern is installed on your 7D, but! You'll have to "update" it with the ML files every time you want to use it, and if you format your card, it will delete ALL your files, including ML files, so if you format your CF card, you'll have to move the MAGIC.fir and ML.zip into the CF card again, but it would'nt take a too long time.
If you properly install ML then that's not true what you wrote.
Maybe you shouldn't give advice/help to others until you don't know what you are doing... 

I am not responsible for any damage too your camera, i've done this 4 times before with both 5D and 7D, and never failed, so it is easy
4 times! Very cool.  8)

Quote from: Cinema Verde on March 27, 2015, 06:00:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the 2.0.3 Canon firmware?
On my site. See the link below.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down