Lexar 64Gb 1066x CF card arrived today

Started by mixmastermike, February 19, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixmastermike

Ordered one of these to see if I could do 1080 30p, initial tests seem to say no, below are the benchmarks.

To compare, my Lexar 128GB 1000x

Will do more testing after work tomorrow, I haven't done much ML stuff in a while, been using 1080 24p and been working flawlessly on an old build.

Jonas

TK-421

Can someone who has a Lexar 64GB 1066x CF please reply with how its working. Does it record full 1920*1080 24fps without problems? (Feel free to add on info for 25/30/50/60 if you have any) I've been watching the forums for info on this specific card, it is usually mentioned with the recent sales but no one is commenting on its performance.

Benbomull

I have two Lexar 64gb 1066x CF cards and they work great. 25fps continuous recording and 50fps 1920 for 10 seconds.

Jonasfilm

I have bought a Lexar 1066x 16 gb, which goes up to max 69 Mb/s write speed - don't hold up for 1080p25 Raw. Very poor customer service as well - don't buy. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jonasfilm

I also at the same time bought a Sandisk Extrem Pro 160 Mb/s - which works great!

schlemiel29

There is a Benchmark option. What does it show for the 5 min test?
I have a 128 GB 1000x and the maximum is 85 MB/s. But it is sold as 145 MB/s!?

jasondhines

I just got my 128gb Lexar 1066X card and it's the fastest card I own, besting the 64gb 1000X Lexar and Komputerbay cards. Knocks the pants off my 128gb 1000X Transcend card too.

pv25pv

what benchmarks your 128gb in 1080p movie?
5Dmk3
24-105mm f/4L _ 16-35mm f/2.8L II _ 50mm f/1.4 _ TS-E 90mm f/2.8 _ Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX

schlemiel29

There is a menu item "Benchmarks" which checks the speed for different block sizes. Maximum is 85 MB/s with 4096K Blocks. In 1080p there are sometimes dropped frames, so I asked for speed comparison.

Jonasfilm

I want to change my statement (written in some affect): I was later contacted by Lexar support that surprisingly said they will replace the card (which the woman in the support chat denied).

However today I bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II SD Card with speed 280 MB/S. The measured speed is max 18 MB/S in two computers and in camera. I understand that there is a limitation in SD bus in the camera (at 90 MB/S, I think I read somewhere).

Is there anyone who has tried the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II SD Card 280 MB/S? Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

This card is a complete waste of money.
As of today not a single camera supports UHS-II.
If you tried the card to run in 5D3 (you haven't mentioned which cam you're using) you will be bottlenecked to about 21 MByte/s (write). There is no Canon camera (supporting ML) which will go above 41 MByte/s (write) because Canon decided to go with slow interfaces. Disclaimer: No data available for 7DII's SD card interface.

You need an UHS-II compatible cardreader and USB 3.0 (or Thunderbolt interface) if you want faster transfer speeds from/to your computer with this card.

Jonasfilm

Gosh...

But any way - shouldn't the speed exceed 18 MB/S in a regular reader in a computer? I have four or five times the speed usually!

I used the card in 5D3. BTW I think a7s have support, but that's another story.

Walter Schulz

As I said: Complete waste of money, therefore almost no data available. Why would anybody want to use such a high-priced card? As of today no device (apart from readers) will support UHS-II. (Not sure about a7s.)

Therefore: You're pioneer in unfamiliar area here. I have not a clue why the card seems to be such a failure with your equipment.

EDIT: Found some test data for this card. Seems to need an UHS-II reader to run well. Maximum speed using UHS-I compatible readers was limited to about 45 MByte/s. And some new cams are in fact UHS-II compatible: FujiFilm X-T1, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4