What keypress events are available on what model?

Started by Marsu42, February 18, 2014, 07:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Is there a table somewhere stating which keypress (and unpress) event works where, in and outside live view?

This would be very useful when trying to code a module that works cross-platform, if it doesn't exist how about creating one - maybe with an automated tool that collects the required feedback from owners of these cameras?

nanomad

No but it could be compiled. It's not a huge task and could be indeed very useful
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

g3gg0

i dont have access to google drive from there.
but we had a comparison of the various models and LCD sizes, memory maps etc.
there might be some information - if not you can add a sheet there.

for portability of modules, there are model-independent keycodes in module.h but as you wrote,
its not clear which model allows which one in which mode.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Marsu42

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 18, 2014, 08:42:39 AM
for portability of modules, there are model-independent keycodes in module.h but as you wrote,
its not clear which model allows which one in which mode.

The problem from my coding experiments and moving 60d->6d is that the exception is the rule rather than full compatibility - if such a keycode event list is compiled, the amount of "portable" codes might be surprisingly short. If so, some abstraction and mapping might make sense to lift the burden from module authors to keep in mind every camera model out there they'll never own nor touch.