Exposure compensation in Manual mode

Started by eyeland, February 19, 2014, 01:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdleighton

... in the 70D

And the 5D4, so we may not need ML in the latest cameras, but we want it for our standby like an old 7D.

eyeland

Personally, I never really found any of the proposed workarounds to give me what I need, so I am still waiting as well :)
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

ibic

I googled "magic lantern auto iso exposure compensation" and landed here from the first result.
And I googled "canon eos dslr auto iso manual mode exposure compensation", the first result is: https://photo.stackexchange.com/a/98090/15958

To me, this is a perfectly valid use case as Canon apparently has added this to their new high-end DSLR models. Unfortunately, 6D doesn't have this feature. So it would be great if Magic Lantern can achieve the same/similar functionality.

+1 and hopefully someone will help over this soon :)

ibic

And I just checked my Nikon D90 (released 10-years ago), it does have Exposure Compensation in Manual Mode with Auto ISO. So my understanding the Auto ISO setting should not hamper exposure compensation in any way, and thus I don't understand why Canon crippled this functionality on many DSLR models except very few top-end ones.

LucianParaian

The new FV Mode on eos R and RP is the answer to this.