Onboard Presets for RAW files

Started by CM360, February 19, 2014, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CM360

I am not sure if this was ever brought up so sorry for a duplicate. 

Is it possible to create RAW presets in camera similar to what LR or any other program do. The idea is you can shoot RAW with a preset and have it output as a JPG but with your settings. I think this would be a change to the metadata from what I have seen with RAW video workflow tutorials(load to LR, filter, update metadata instead of exporting, then sequence in LR or After Effects). This would take place of the camera's idea of what the JPG should be compressed as vs the RAW format. I have been playing with my 600D Raw video shooting at 1600x900 @ 7 fps on a slow slide rail. (I do real estate so nothing moves) It essentially fast time lapse. After the raw2dng I am simply running it as a preset through LR to a Slideshow time lapse at 24 FPS 720P. But if I can shoot in camera with the preset for a known environment the output files are way smaller in a preset JPG and can just get ripped in a sequence video.

Thanks for all you have done.

Audionut

I'm not exactly sure I understand the request, but it sounds like a post job.

dmilligan

It sounds like you are asking for the ability to record in MJPEG? It has been asked many times, currently it is not possible.

Even if it was possible, you'd be limited to the constraints of the built-in hardware JPEG encoder and imaging pipeline (you wouldn't be able to use 'presets' or other settings from ACR or anything like that).