[WINDOWS] simple right clic menu mlv dump batch

Started by piloui, February 17, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Hehe, yes, that's how it'designed. Keep a stash and matching files are used and otherwise not :)

Danne

After reports from Kharak about 700D files not responding well to focus pixel fixing I decided to add Bouncyball´s latest version of mlv_dump on steroids and also added a .fpm list which works with the 700D file. Thanks again dfort, Bouncyball for updating cams and focus pixel fix handling. Changes only added to this version:

batch_mlv_in-out.zip
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv_in-out.zip

JADURCA

Thanks @Danne, and everyone involved for making this such an amazing app! Just downloaded it and testing with some music video footage 3x3 1080p@60fps we filmed. Some are at ISO 12800 and Darkframes automation is such a great tool for this case, makes a notable difference. IMO darkframes make noise look like organic.

Can someone please tell me, what really does command 13, fix pattern noise?

Danne

It's experimental code from a1ex. As it says it will reduce pattern noise when working but not always working as expected. Slows down processing.

lureb74

I have a couple of silly question... :)
Since this batch works fine with latest bleeding edge nightly builds crop_rec lossless compressed mlv's, why the mlv_dump.exe file included is so little compared with the one released in the crop_rec_4k branch?
Exactly, 221kb vs 754kb!!
There are some more features in the (more recent) biggest one?

And also, in last version of the batch there's no "darkframes" folder included. Does it means I just have to create it in the same path as before in order to use the darkframe subtraction workflow?
Thank you guys, you're so clever!!! I'm too dummy to help development with coding, I simply can't understand it! XD
Just keep testing, testing, testing.....

JADURCA

Quote from: lureb74 on December 21, 2017, 04:13:32 PM
And also, in last version of the batch there's no "darkframes" folder included. Does it means I just have to create it in the same path as before in order to use the darkframe subtraction workflow?
Thank you guys, you're so clever!!! I'm too dummy to help development with coding, I simply can't understand it! XD
Just keep testing, testing, testing.....

Just create a folder named Darkframes and throw there 5 seconds of MLV with different ISO 1600 and up, all frame rates and resolutions you usually use.

JADURCA

Quote from: Danne on December 21, 2017, 04:05:21 PM
It's experimental code from a1ex. As it says it will reduce pattern noise when working but not always working as expected. Slows down processing.

Thanks for your quick response! I'm just processing and testing with code 11 and 13 at the same time, to see if it cleans some ISO 12800 footage I'm having problems with.

Danne

JADURCA

Yes! Just uploaded it for you! Here https://we.tl/tZG0o2VfQy (MLV and Darkframe included "if necessary")

Found that command 11, fixed red dots on overexposure zones using like a patch clone pattern. For me it did the job because red dots are more noticeable than this patches. Command 13 cleaned DNGs but introduced other dots, think like blue dots.

Danne

@lureb74
QuoteExactly, 221kb vs 754kb!!
There are some more features in the (more recent) biggest one?
I use strip to create a smaller version. Same features. We are talking about mlv_dump on steroids now...

QuoteAnd also, in last version of the batch there's no "darkframes" folder included. Does it means I just have to create it in the same path as before in order to use the darkframe subtraction workflow?
Added back the darkframes folder. Thanks

RTI

Doesn't work with the latest 22 July mlv_dump (canon 5D3 1.2.3 4k lossless thread)
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Danne

What happens? Havn't updated this for a while.

mothaibaphoto

Need to warn that this batch erases all the mlv files but keep only last one renamed to "ORIGINALS"
if executed on media without free space(card recorded till last byte).
It happens because it unsuccessfully tries to create "ORIGINALS" folder
and than commands to move to that folder
just renames files with same name, while the only last one remains :)

Danne

I didn't know but I never extract files on cf card or filled up my drive. If you or anyone else could create a check trap preventing this it would be awesome.
Maybe it could look for the ORIGINALS folder and if not existing simply exit script. Sorry but got to little time atm.

Kharak

Thanks for the heads-up. I do a lot of CF to drive conversion.
once you go raw you never go back

Kharak

@Danne

I still use this script.

Just wondering if I should be updating the mlv_dump? and if so, to which one?

Danne

Kharak

Yes, some lossless 14 bit MLV's (22nd july 2018) when converted to lj92 dng's do not contain sound. The .wav file always comes out but sometimes its only 1 kb.

I tried doing same conversion but to uncompressed dng's and the audio was there.

I should have converted the MLV's one more time to lj92 before i deleted them. To see if it happened randomly or if its the same files affected.

I have some other lossless mlv's i can do a few runs on.

Kharak

Newest version of Batch MLV-in-Out-Serial https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv_in-out.zip

Danne added:

option [18] (--skip-xref) Use with Lossless MLV to extract all audio. Just leave it ON always, basically.

Under the hood:

Camera Serial Number identification for Darkframe Averaging of MLV's. In case you have 2x 5D MK III you dont need to add and remove Darkframes from your DF folder according to what camera you are converting footage from. You do however have to add all the Original Darkframe MLV's a new. Because now the Darkframes will have your camera serial number added. Without the Serial Number on the DF's, it wont work.

Thanks again, Danne.

Danne

Nice.
One way to use the old darkframes is to manually paste the camera serial to the old files. Think that is the easiest way. It could be automated in script too but seems an unneccessary step.

Kharak

This is just a heads up!

Yesterday I got an error message I had not seen before on Batch_mlv. It's a bit of user error combined with design flaw.

Yesterday I found out that I have forgotten to bring my card reader, luckily I found my old Sandisk card reader deep in my laptop bag. The Sandisk reader does not work properly, as it will not finish any Copying or processes past 99.9%. But I'd atleast get 99% of my cards and I'd have to deal with the last 0.1% somewhen.

The bug is in its essence when you have the Output Folder Location set to a drive that is no longer connected to the computer. You would ofcourse not do this on purpose, but when you open Batch_MLV it prompts the window for your Input folder Location, but in the background the Output Location is by default set to the location of your previous conversion process, so if you were exporting to a T5 SSD and then disconnect it and few days later want to export to another location, this bug will most likely occur.
So no matter what Input folder you set, Windows prompts an error message saying "There is no disk in the selected drive". This lead me to believe my Sandisk reader had gone completely bananas. Bought another Card Reader today and experienced same issue and by this time I was thinking my cards had become corrupt.

Not until I noticed the Output Folder was set to a Drive Location not connected anymore.. I changed the Output and set the Input and it was all good.

TL;DR

If you get "There is no disk in the Drive" error message, check that your Output Locations is set to a Drive that is connected or "exists" for that matter.

Just a heads up.

Thanks again Danne for this really nice tool.

Danne

There should be a watch guard erasing the path file if not existing. Been long since I worked in cmd environment so I will most likely not update this myself but anyone with some basic cmd knowledge could fix this. Then again, the error message seems doing this already.

Kharak

The link I posted is dead, do you still have it Danne?
Quote from: Kharak on May 04, 2019, 01:44:50 AM
Newest version of Batch MLV-in-Out-Serial https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv_in-out.zip

I do have the batch script on another machine. So I could send it to to you at one point.

Walter Schulz

Danne

Thanks for the relink Walter. I´ll check if I can find any back up myself for this script and maybe a reupload at some point.