[WINDOWS] simple right clic menu mlv dump batch

Started by piloui, February 17, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

There you go. 10bit needs some caretaking then.

tonij

Just tried this script
Threw in a 5 second clip (120 frames of 1728x972 14bit) along with option 12 and the process took 4.5mintues is that right? Seems really really slow

reddeercity

Quote from: canneloni on August 03, 2017, 01:16:15 PM
@reddeercity: Yes I tried MLVProducer but i alway get some green lines at the bottom of the image.
That's from the focus pixel map , there one line at the top & bottom but only in the center of image
I turn off the focus pixel map in MLVProducer to show the green line at the top & bottom with focus pixel

Same image but I enable Focus Pixel Map in MLVProducer

So I would just crop out the top & bottom green line to get rid of it , that's the limitation of the 100D with focus pixels.

Exported from mlvproducer prores444 with corrected blacklevels to 125 with some color correction
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNY4d4Aa7KuNmJLbjZJUUowQkU/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: Danne on August 03, 2017, 01:35:51 PM
The file seems corrupt.

No  --just the black level is off the file reports as 10bit with black level of 456 and white level of 937 , I adjusted black level to 125 which is close to the 5D2 10bit of 111.

Danne

Great Redeercity. 125 is the magic black level number. Confirmed working.
You should be able to set that black level number in the batch_mlv menu and it will also use dfort´s pixel map automatically to get rid of your focus pixels. Just tried it in Switch for mac.
You can even set chroma smooth to 2x2 for even better results.

canneloni

Thanks @reddeercity, i'll give MLVProducer another try :)

@Danne: When i try to use cumstom blacklevel it somehow won't accept my input. You can see it in the screenshot below

100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Danne

Yes, some bug. I tried it over here. I am not a windows guy so can´t see at all why this is happening. What is even stranger is that if you deselect manually written black level 125 by reselecting (15) in the menu it seems to work after this, deleting the input. Very fishy.

Think I got a fix. Hold on.

canneloni

Downloaded and testet it: It works! :) Thank you guys very much!
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Kharak

I cannot find the mlv_dump on steroids thread.

Am I blind or? I searched the entire forum, but I only get references to mlv_dump on Steroids, no thread??

Found it under " Re: ong class="highlight">mlvong>_ong class="highlight">dumpong> on steroids"

@Danne

I've been on vacation and returned home to my other home without any computer, so I have not been able to do anz more testing on the Batch. I'll return to my other home and work on the 19th and have a ton of Post-Processing waiting for me, and I really wanna go with the batch automation for the two projects I have. I am sorry I couldn't do more testing as I told you I would, but having a family and shooting and processing, everything is so time consuming and I really had to spend time with the family. I hope you understand and keep believing in this "app" :)

My biggest curse is I can't stop shooting micro projects on the side and I am accumulating a s*** load of footage to process :/
once you go raw you never go back

Danne

No worries Kharak.
By the way. I´m about to port "Switch" over to windows through linux subsystem. If you have that on your windows 10 You might aswell try that out when it´s ready :).

By the way. Don´t forget to download the latest batch_mlv. Fixed a small error.

Kharak

My station runs 8.1 with Shell Extension (privacy concerns). But my gf's laptop has win 10, albeit its no workhorse. I will be trying some proxy stuff on her computer to see if i can finish some side project while I am here. Yesterday I had a quick go with your latest batch version on her comp, but only got blanks. I need to a bit more reading on what her computer is missing for it to work. Does the batch require Net Framework to work?

Oh, Switch is CR2HDR! Thought it was something entirely new. Well I cant wait!

Kharak

@Danne

I cannot get this computer to convert any lossless MLV with the Batch Menu.

I saved all the codes for mlv_dump on my computer, that you had in the How To - Notepad and all the others you posted to me later on, like cutting MLV's and so on.

It seems you replaced the How To - Readme with the latest one, I want to try the old fashion way with the code or maybe if you still have it around, the version right before Darkframe Automation, I have some MLV's from our Vacation that I'd like to see.

I also took only MLV_dump on Steroids and dragged and dropped MLV's on it and it says processing, but then just quits and doesnt even generate a folder..

What do I need to convert? mlv_dump should be enough, right? is there some backend missing, I can't remember what I had on my station, it has pretty much everything ever released on ML forums.

Danne

Can you send me a sample MLV file that do not convert?
You can reach any version of batch_mlv from source tree on bitbucket. Download source tree and double click from the desired place in source tree and enter your folder.

Kharak

Yes ofcourse.

Uploading 800 MB one. Too much?

Or you can tell me the code again to cut the MLV's, I can't find where you posted it for me last time. :)

Danne

800mb is fine :).
Or:
Mlv_dump -f 10 -o OUT.MLV IN.MLV

Kharak

The 800 MB file Refused to complete the upload. Don't know why.

The cutting of the MLV is the first "ML" thing I got to work on this laptop.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!scoTRQIb!pxUjJVc2MmLinzutUxwH232oUe4b1r4JlRv072SeJXw

Danne

Well, it´s working over here. What is your workflow? Everything must be inside the folder. The bin, the batch_mlv.cmd script etc.
Just put your MLV files next to the script and double click then select (r) from the menu to run it. Is that what you do? If so. Can you delete the last occurrence of the word cls in the script and run it and see what the script is saying? Any error messages?

Kharak

Yes, everything is together. Though I don't have any darkframe MLV's in the folder. Thought it would just skip the DF process if nothing was there. Starting to think otherwise now?
I never got the DF automation to work on my comp in July, didn't get to try out all the possible solutions you posted in July, decompressing the DF's and so on, also could you post the code for that btw? "-d something".

So I will make new DF MLV's and try the cls thing tomorrow. Getting a bit late for me now.

Thanks for the help, Danne.

Danne

Just make it work without any darkframes first. Could you check and see what terminal is saying by erasing cls as I suggested?

Kharak

Ok, two problems. My gf's computer has german language, so technical computer terms are pretty hard for me to understand. I only speak basic german. 2nd, I can't figure out how to open the script in notepad. I don't get any "öffnen mit" when I right click it. Do I need a hex editor or something like that? I can't edit the .cmd to txt in Properties or by renaming.

Any Win10 user with more experience than me?

Also added DF's, but same blank output after it has converted the DF's to the "avg..14bit.." etc.

Danne

Do geöffnet with notepad I think :). No hex.
Darkframes need to decompressed MLV files to work.
HEre is an older build you can try but I really like to narrow down your issue on the latest version so please keep on lucking even if this works.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv_old.zip

Kharak

It was "Bearbeiten" - "Edit" :)

I found this cls part.

This is the surrounding thing, what exactly should I delete?

cd..
cd..
) else (
@echo -c> bin/mlv_dump_settings/CMPRS
)
cls
GOTO MENU

The @echo part?

Danne

Not sure. Away atm. It's the last cls at the bottom part of the script.

Danne

Fixed an issue when naming folders with spaces. Should work with and without darkframes.
batch_mlv
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv.zip

Kharak

Your fix seems to have fixed it :)

So far so good, converting as we speak with Darkframe Automation. I just know that some of the MLV's are 24p and a greater frame size than the 60p, will see how it handles those. The DF's are 1920x800.

I suggested this before, but shouldn't this script have a Thread by its own? For other users looking for a windows script. So they won't have to read through first 2 pages of a botched script that doesn't function properly.

Now that there is a Menu, this is almost an App in itself.

Just a suggestion to keep the forum more clear for the not so Hardcore ML'ers.

Thank you for being so dedicated to us Win users, you being a Mac man and all ;)