Open invitation to Canon and Adobe

Started by duey101, February 16, 2014, 05:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duey101

If you are a Canon or Adobe Executive, Developer, Programmer, or Representative, please come in and address Magic Lantern and the community of users.  We know you come here and see what is going on and we would all appreciate your input, suggestions, comments or anything else you have to say.  As Magic Lantern is now a very well known advanced tool for Canon owners from enthusiasts to top professionals, we would like to know what you think. 

We welcome all of you to join us.
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

ItsMeLenny

Pretty sure that convinced them.

I have no doubt they have now started working to incorporate ML.

Marsu42

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on February 16, 2014, 06:56:04 AM
Pretty sure that convinced them.

Now, do I detect some mild sarcasm here :-p ?

Quote from: duey101 on February 16, 2014, 05:50:52 AM
We welcome all of you to join us.

That's very well, but the real question is - why would they, and why don't they currently?

Canon/Adobe devs aren't in a position to do anything in public - esp. in non-corporate controlled forums - unless they're told/permitted to. So you need to address the execs. What's their interest? Yes, indeed- business! That means making money (shareholder value = building corporate wealth (ip & $$$)), putting up quarterly reports, marketing (short to long-term) and keeping the competition at bay.

Unless you try to understand what their reason are to ignore (projects like) ML, you can argue against these and/or come up with new reasons why it's beneficial for their goals to do so your strategy leaves something to desired I'm afraid to say :-o

engardeknave

One time a Canon dev PMed me the secret codez for 4k something or whatever. I just deleted it.

Audionut

Quote from: engardeknave on February 16, 2014, 08:02:05 AM
One time a Canon dev PMed me the secret codez for 4k something or whatever. I just deleted it.

I would have warned the 4K troll!

g3gg0

Quote from: engardeknave on February 16, 2014, 08:02:05 AM

yeah same here. i always get secret hints from them. theyre quite penetrant.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

duey101

Build a bridge, people will walk across it.  With no bridge, the divide remains.  Open a door, someone will walk through it.  I merely wanted to build a bridge and open a door, to see if anyone would cross or enter.  Let's see.
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

g3gg0

basically i agree, but do you want to open doors when you are afraid that daemons are behind it? :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

a1ex

Well, the same doors are already open in the About page and the FAQ, no?

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on February 17, 2014, 12:21:47 PM
Well, the same doors are already open in the About page and the FAQ, no?

In any case, rumor on CR (well, that's what it's for, isn't it) is that the breakthrough raw discovery was only made after Canon, maybe in conjunction with Adobe and the NSA chucked alex some code parts that gave him the required insight - just like the Apple dropping on Newton's head :-)

No, really, neither Canon nor Adobe will ever work with ML on any official basis, they are just too large and any OSS project is too unreliable. What would it do to their schedule if alex gets hit by a bus tomorrow, or to their PR if he turns out to be in league with devil worshippers? If they want something, they buy it, they don't do the cooperation thing. And if they are interested in some idea they cleanroom re-code the whole thing rather than accept the GPL.

ted ramasola

Its already an open secret that A1ex ACTUALLY is a Canon Mole funded entirely by Canon to create a cult following for the Canon Cameras!
He was handed a recording that stated, "should you decide to accept the mission and get caught, we will deny you ever existed, this recording will self destruct in 10 seconds."

The timetable is that ML will gradually and incrementally release features in the coming years like 4k, 8k, 12k and so forth. This is designed so that ML and its cult following will offset the anger that mainstream users will have from the incremental features in the camera models they will release yearly.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: ted ramasola on February 18, 2014, 08:09:53 AM
Its already an open secret that A1ex ACTUALLY is a Canon Mole funded entirely by Canon to create a cult following for the Canon Cameras!

Now now, don't be silly, I think anybody who's been around long enough knows that a1ex works for the mafia.

Africashot

I understand all the resentment and sarcasm geared towards Canon above, but why Adobe? Haven't they actually listened and are increasingly working on improving DNG workflows? Aren't some of their Devs and Execs actually active in this formum?
ML 5D2 & T3i

duey101

ML is probably responsible for a very large number of Canon sales.  I bought my camera after I found out I could use ML with it.

Audionut

Quote from: Marsu42 on February 18, 2014, 07:43:12 AM
No, really, neither Canon nor Adobe will ever work with ML on any official basis, they are just too large and any OSS project is too unreliable. What would it do to their schedule if alex gets hit by a bus tomorrow, or to their PR if he turns out to be in league with devil worshippers? If they want something, they buy it, they don't do the cooperation thing. And if they are interested in some idea they cleanroom re-code the whole thing rather than accept the GPL.

I would call that, hitting the nail on the head  ;)

It all boils down to the bottom dollar.  Must keep those shareholders happy.

chmee

Quote from: Africashot on February 18, 2014, 09:09:10 AM
.. but why Adobe? Haven't they actually listened and are increasingly working on improving DNG workflows?..
Are they? They "just" realized a half-baken static realtime dng-wrapper for premiere - and speedgrade is bought (iridas). i say, they coded dng-import, only because of bm.. It really could be opening doors, letting in the demons..

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]