How Long To Update Firmware?

Started by booch1131, February 14, 2014, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

booch1131

hi folks,
i'm updating firmware on a t2i. how long does it take generally?
tks

Walter Schulz

Remove battery NOW!
No joking! None at all!

booch1131

ok - removed. but why?
i formated the 32gb hd. moved the files to the root.
inserted card.
updated firmware.
screen instantly went black.
there is (was) a red light blinking in the lower right hand corner -- until of course i removed the battery.

Walter Schulz

You have to remove the battery because you have done wrong and to prevent hazards to happen.

First: Which firmware are you using? Which OS is running on your machine? What capacity has the card you are using?
You read the installation procedure and followed it step by step? Please link to the procedure you followed.

booch1131

32gb class 10
firmware: 1.09 (most recent)
windows 7 home premium
http://www.magiclantern.fm/install.html

i got to the third bullet point in step 2

Walter Schulz

a1ex

There is a "Troubleshooting" section for a reason.

booch1131

i actually have been reading through the troubleshooting section. however, my question did not appear. that said, i'm just answering question from walter.

Walter Schulz

You have done as described and reinstalled Canon's firmware?
And your question is pretty well answered there ...
"If the card LED is blinking for more than a few seconds,"

booch1131

seems i have walter. camera is working fine. ml not installed though.

Walter Schulz

Do you have reinstalled Canon's firmware 1.0.9 after ML installation failed or not?

Walter Schulz

Then repeat installation steps for ML from the start.

booch1131

in the process. thanks. i'll keep you posted and am prepared to yank the battery just in case.

Walter Schulz

Entering sleep mode now.
A1ex or another member from another time zone ready to take over?

booch1131

thanks walter. hope you sleep well.
if anyone else picks up this thread, since my t2i already has the latest firmware (1.09) installed, i'm wondering if resorting to an older version would then allow me to go through the update process and then the ML install.

best my feeble eyes can tell... ML install isn't running because I cannot update the firmware.

thoughts?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

booch1131

i'll give a smaller card a try. ML runs off the card correct? I'd sure like to have the 32gb working. i thought it was the 64gb card that was problematic.

nanomad

Yeah but sometimes the larger ones have issues
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5