Canon 7D running at v2.0.5 firmware

Started by once2work, February 14, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

once2work

I'm running v2.0.5 firmware with my Canon 7D camera and would it be any possibility to install the ML since the last version of ML only work with v2.0.5.

As found on the ML website, the 7D is not on the list being support by the latest v2.3, I'm new to ML and willing to shoot raw video, can I install this version, but after download, can't find the 7D fr file. is it refer the v2.3 is not support 7d in the meantime that I've to wait for the new development.

Please advise me where to start with thank you.
Canon 7D
www.paulfan.com

Walter Schulz

You have to downgrade to Canon's firmware version 2.0.3.
There is no ML/TL version running on 2.0.5 yet.

once2work

I think I've to wait for the new version because the firmware can't be backward. Thank you.
Canon 7D
www.paulfan.com

Eugene

Dear ALL, the Canon 7D firmware v2.0.5 has been issued long time ago. I think it is time for Magic Lantern to issue an usable upgrade for Canon 7D. We are a lot to wait good news! Thank you.
(PS: unfortunately, I cannot help since I have no idea how the actual Magic Lantern can be updated to run on 7D v2.0.5)

Pelican

Quote from: once2work on February 15, 2014, 08:27:00 AM
I think I've to wait for the new version because the firmware can't be backward. Thank you.
That is not true.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

zum

Its defently suitable to downgrade. I just updated from 2.0.0 to 2.0.5. Then downgraded to 2.0.3  and installed ML.

rubent100

How did you get it to install, I have ML on my card and it wont run, it keeps updating to firmware 2.0.3