Which nightly for 550D?

Started by PaulJBis, February 13, 2014, 12:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJBis

Hi all:

Complete newbie here. I just installed Magic Lantern last week, and after getting confused because I couldn't find some features (ETTR) in my stable 2.3 build, I started reading more in detail about the current development model. I'm ready now to try the nightlies, but first I'd like to ask some basic questions, just so I can be sure that I have the right idea (so please bear with me):

-Switching between stable and nightly is as simple as taking the SD card, deleting all the files of one version and copying the other one, right?

-For the 550D, which of the recent nightlies have people here been using? Is there any particular version with serious bugs? (I'm not asking which version do people "recommend", because I know that in the end I have to make that decision for myself; I'm asking for people's experiences using the recent builds).

Thanks in advance.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: PaulJBis on February 13, 2014, 12:09:22 PM
-Switching between stable and nightly is as simple as taking the SD card, deleting all the files of one version and copying the other one, right?
Correct.

Quote from: PaulJBis on February 13, 2014, 12:09:22 PM
-For the 550D, which of the recent nightlies have people here been using? Is there any particular version with serious bugs? (I'm not asking which version do people "recommend", because I know that in the end I have to make that decision for myself; I'm asking for people's experiences using the recent builds).
I just use the latest. http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/