MLV Mystic - [Windows][OSX] MLV/RAW to DNG & Dual ISO GUI batch converter V0.5

Started by GTempler, February 13, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTempler

Hey Danne,

I've come across this issue recently and it seems to stem from some of the older code which I will be updating for my next release. I will tell you that I have been able to fully convert some Dual ISO MLV's and open the finished product. Perhaps I will post my settings soon so that if people want to emulate they can give it a go.

RAW Dual ISO might be a great idea, I'll try to fit it in for the next update.

-Gavin

Danne

sweet. Nice to see an app which provides one in all solution. Good work!

dubzeebass

Weird bug in Mac: if you select chroma smoothing you then can't deselect chroma smoothing/no smoothing radio buttons.

GTempler

Hey dub,

not being able to deselect is a side effect of making the buttons auto-exclusive, so for now selecting no smoothing is the same as having nothing selected. Perhaps i should make no smoothing selected by default, but otherwise I haven't thought of any smart workarounds yet.

-Gavin

oddi

Hi,

The program won't do anything on my windows 7 64bit when trying to convert MLVs. When I press convert it just says "Your conversion is complete" right away.. and it only made a folder at the output destination.
Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any quick help!

dubzeebass

Quote from: GTempler on April 06, 2014, 07:55:51 AM
Hey dub,

not being able to deselect is a side effect of making the buttons auto-exclusive, so for now selecting no smoothing is the same as having nothing selected. Perhaps i should make no smoothing selected by default, but otherwise I haven't thought of any smart workarounds yet.

-Gavin

Thanks!

rsousa

andy kh

this application is very fast and it has everything in itself. amazing application. it would have been much better if it converts to cdng as well.
5D Mark III - 70D

DavidSh

Quote from: andy kh on April 17, 2014, 03:30:35 PM
this application is very fast and it has everything in itself. amazing application. it would have been much better if it converts to cdng as well.
+1
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

kardolan

Seems to work pretty well for a 0,5 version ;)

Edit : Windows 8.1 64bits

5DanielMIII

Hi

I can not convert any of my MLV files from the build;
Date: 2014-04-20 07:11:47 +0800

Program says Complete but all the folders are empty.

5D Mark III .113

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

GTempler

Nautilus

Planning to add Cinema DNG support?

And why additional options are not available for RAW Conversion?
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

5DanielMIII

Quote from: GTempler on April 21, 2014, 11:01:31 PM
Hey Daniel. Which OS are you running Mystic from?

-Gavin

I am running OSX maverick 10.9.2

Regards,
Daniel
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

GTempler

@Daniel: if you right click on the app and show the package contents then you can see the programs terminal window by going to : Contents/MacOS/MLVMystic
If you do a conversion with this terminal window open then a detailed report of what the program is doing will be print out there.

@Nautilus: I haven't found a method for CDNG yet that I like. I might be swayed to include it if I come across one, but it's not a main focus.
RAW Conversion uses a different algorithm than MLV, so it would take some time to replicate the options for RAW and Mystic is intended as mainly an MLV converter.

Toffifee

revast

hi,

how about a build for the Linux guys?

as its qt, it should be just a matter of getting the linux verisons of the underlying commandline tools, and a qmake foo.pro && make...

sendalonline

Hi guys,

Thanks for this wonderful tool. This is the only one that works properly for me on my 5DMk3 with MLV. I really hope you continue development and it's something i would gladly pay for.

Nevermind the really minimal interface, it fixes the vertical banding that's been driving me nuts for months!

Cheers!

evero

Thanks a lot for your work on this tool! Easing the raw workflow is really one of the most important areas for unleashing the potential of magiclantern.

I'm really on thin ice here, so forgive me if I'm thinking wrong. But my dream for this workflow would be to directly convert MLV into (compressed) CDNG (as @Nautilus mentioned). Reducing the file size, including audio elegantly, and having native file support within premiere would be insane! (and from what Adobe are blogging, they continiously work an enhancing the CDNG support/BlackMagic camera support).

I would gladly donate for such tool, but I also understand this might be impossible..

llirik

Quote from: sendalonline on May 03, 2014, 08:41:58 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for this wonderful tool. This is the only one that works properly for me on my 5DMk3 with MLV. I really hope you continue development and it's something i would gladly pay for.

Nevermind the really minimal interface, it fixes the vertical banding that's been driving me nuts for months!

Cheers!

I gotta say, this is the only tool I've actually gotten WORKING reliably. The UI is a bit clunky, but it reminds me of how easy it was to use RAWMAGIC before MLV.

PTRush

Quote from: evero on May 04, 2014, 01:03:02 AM
Thanks a lot for your work on this tool! Easing the raw workflow is really one of the most important areas for unleashing the potential of magiclantern.

I'm really on thin ice here, so forgive me if I'm thinking wrong. But my dream for this workflow would be to directly convert MLV into (compressed) CDNG (as @Nautilus mentioned). Reducing the file size, including audio elegantly, and having native file support within premiere would be insane! (and from what Adobe are blogging, they continiously work an enhancing the CDNG support/BlackMagic camera support).

I would gladly donate for such tool, but I also understand this might be impossible..

+1 on the compressed cinema dng... you guys should talk to Shutter Angle here---> http://www.shutterangle.com/2014/lossless-compression-for-dng-raw-video-dngstrip/
Lossless CDNGs at 1/2 the file size!!  UNITE!!
Thanks again for all the work involved. You rock MLV Mystic!

arturochu

Chu

psantia

Hi .sorry but I did not find a link to download mlv mystic for mac os x?

does anybody know?! thanks

5DanielMIII

Quote from: psantia on May 08, 2014, 10:09:23 AM
Hi .sorry but I did not find a link to download mlv mystic for mac os x?

does anybody know?! thanks

You sure you read all of the first post on the first page guiding you to the page where you can download this delicious program? ;)
I just checked, it is there, really! After clicking the link in the first post on the first page here in this thread, I was taken to another page and I scrolled a little and I found the option to download for Windows or Mac.

Stavfilm

This are only my own needs but I hope it could be usefull.
1. Dialog like "Save as..." where we can set directory for DNG files (not the same as MLV directory). Tried to convert right from my full CF card and got error :)
2. Checkbox like "Create directories for each take/scene/mlv". Sometimes (everytime) I don't need many directories with DNG files. Sometimes I want them all in one directory.
3. Wanna see progress bar while application converting.

And thank you so much for your work!