MLV Mystic - [Windows][OSX] MLV/RAW to DNG & Dual ISO GUI batch converter V0.5

Started by GTempler, February 13, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

czdodo

Quote from: gary2013 on February 13, 2014, 08:11:39 AM
I could not get this app to do anything on my windows 7 u4 bit system. It would always hang/freeze and not respond after selecting files and then Convert.

for me it says "not responding" too, but working on the background, after a while a finish window pops up -> try to do it with only one file selected and wait a bit

-----
Other thing:
Is there a limit? I sent trough 52 mlv files in the program, but the first 8 was only an empty folder. Not a real problem, since then i put these 8 files in the batch again, and then it worked. But i encountered this issue multiple times now.

GTempler

@andy kh No problem. We we add the option to convert without sub folders to the next release.

@czdodo We will be implementing a workaround that will hopefully alleviate the app hanging in the next release. We also expect it to lessen the current issues with the progress bar and skipped files. These all will be given a more thorough debugging for future versions.

-Gavin

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

czdodo

Quote from: GTempler on March 10, 2014, 07:21:33 AM

@czdodo We will be implementing a workaround that will hopefully alleviate the app hanging in the next release. We also expect it to lessen the current issues with the progress bar and skipped files. These all will be given a more thorough debugging for future versions.

-Gavin

Thank you. Since then I tested it again, and the app seems to do around 50 MLV files, and the rest is only empty folders. It's not a real problem, since you can load the other half again. I just tought to point it out, hopefully it helps :)

KurtAugust

www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

redfitz

I'm still unable to generate any viewable DNGs with the program. I've tried deleting all references to it and re-installing and have done so on two different computers, each running the latest version of OSX.

budafilms

Quote from: redfitz on March 10, 2014, 03:14:38 PM
I'm still unable to generate any viewable DNGs with the program. I've tried deleting all references to it and re-installing and have done so on two different computers, each running the latest version of OSX.

describe your process:

1)shoot MLV orRAW - 5D?
2) ...

Toffifee

For me it seems like it's about half of the .DNGs that gets processed correctly, and the other half is corrupted. ACR can't open them, bridge or finder won't create a thumbnail.

redfitz

Quote from: budafilms on March 12, 2014, 06:07:53 AM
describe your process:

1)shoot MLV orRAW - 5D?
2) ...

I'm shooting MLV on a 5DIII. I thought perhaps it could have something to do with the particular nightly build I'm using of ML but I can convert the MLV files to RAW files and then use RAWMagic to convert them into viewable DNGs.

filo99

i remember there was a cold pixel fix for the 600D in g3ggo 's build. was that ported over to this software?
Grace and Peace,
600D, 6D

GTempler

@redfitz You could be right, It may simply be a clash of conversion algorithm and build version. Perhaps an older nightly build might get you better results. We did use g3gg0's mlv_dump as the basis for our code, but since the mlv format is still in beta and being constantly updated there might be times when things go out of sync. In our subsequent update we will do a complete update of the conversion code to incorporate all of the ML teams updates.

@filo99 This fix was incorporated after our initial build, and as such will not be available until we overhaul our code to match the ML teams latest. With any luck it won't take too long, but wont be available until our subsequent release.

LEVISDAVIS

Tried about every app for the Mac... Running MBP Retina with a Mavericks and a 5D III... This is the only post-processor that eliminates the vertical stripes. Can't say enough how great the results are. It's such a privilege. Thanks for developing this application.

The program always brings up the spinning ball of death when processing footage... I've never tried to convert the footage without vertical stripes... Not sure if that is the culprit. But anyway, the program doesn't actually fail. It is continuing to process footage... Which brings me to the point... The spinning ball finally doesn't bother me a bit. How long have we all waited for the spinning ball to not be a problem? What a fix for the 5D III and for Apple! :-)
Levi S. Davis

KurtAugust

Same here. Much better to watch the hard drive activity.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

Jpb1138

IS there a plan to allow outputting to a certain folder on the hard disk, instead of simply placing the new DNG folder in the same place as the original MLV file? Basically so we could go straight from the CF card and output to our hard disk, without having to transfer the whole CF card to disk then converting... Thanks for making it easier to work with MLV..

Toffifee

I still can't get it to work on my mac, maybe 5-10% are correctly processed and then the remaining 90% gives files that are corrupted and not able to open in ACR / PS / any other program.

mrterpstra

+1 to what Jpb1138 said. I was just going to log in to say that.

Currently this is the only reason I'm still using .RAW instead of .MLV. Because of space and time being what they are, we've found it's most efficient to simply transcode off a card directly to DNGs on the hard drive. With MLV Mystic we can't select an output directory which would enable this workflow for MLV. Hope you add this feature very soon as we're in the middle of a 2.5 week doc shooting all Canon RAW! Would love to add audio scratch track to our process. Thanks.

menoc

After I convert an MLV file to DNG, If I delete the DNGs and want to trans code the MLV file again, MLV Mystic won't let me. It basically just creates an empty directory with no DNGs in it. Does this have anything to do with the index? How do I avoid this?

silvertonesx24

Quote from: Jpb1138 on March 18, 2014, 11:01:46 AM
IS there a plan to allow outputting to a certain folder on the hard disk, instead of simply placing the new DNG folder in the same place as the original MLV file? Basically so we could go straight from the CF card and output to our hard disk, without having to transfer the whole CF card to disk then converting... Thanks for making it easier to work with MLV..

+1

menoc

Quote from: mrterpstra on March 20, 2014, 09:41:59 AM
+1 to what Jpb1138 said. I was just going to log in to say that.

Currently this is the only reason I'm still using .RAW instead of .MLV. Because of space and time being what they are, we've found it's most efficient to simply transcode off a card directly to DNGs on the hard drive. With MLV Mystic we can't select an output directory which would enable this workflow for MLV. Hope you add this feature very soon as we're in the middle of a 2.5 week doc shooting all Canon RAW! Would love to add audio scratch track to our process. Thanks.

+1

LEVISDAVIS

Updated the 5D III to a 1.2.3 firmware. With this firmware MLV became far too unstable to continue to use. I switched to RAW and decided to stick with 1.2.3. However, after using RAW on the 5D III, I have noticed that Mystic is not actually removing the vertical stripes in the RAW tab, but it will in the MLV tab. FYI: Mystic is the only application to properly eliminate the vertical lines and remove stuck pixels with my particular camera and Macbook Pro combination.

Here is a link to a RAW file demonstrating the issue.
https://copy.com/pTtVboPKMBlvqRZT

Thanks for the great program. Hope this helps. Would love to stick to Mystic and continue to shoot .RAW
Levi S. Davis

GTempler

The latest update is now online! All the details and new features can be found in the topic post.

-Gavin

DavidSh

Quote from: GTempler on April 04, 2014, 12:11:38 AM
The latest update is now online! All the details and new features can be found in the topic post.

-Gavin
update is also for mac? i dont see any different.
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

DavidSh

600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

ultimatemale

Quote from: GTempler on April 04, 2014, 12:11:38 AM

-Gavin

Can we pls have a link

(EDIT)
Found it

Danne

Nice work on this. exporting raw and mlv works fine and also CR2 dual iso files! Really cool.
Got curious about the dual iso(ALPHA) in the mlv section to see if checking it would give me ability to export a dual iso movie file DNG. It does convert and it takes longer obviously in the process but it can,t be opened in acr as is the case converted with A.D OSX_cr2hdr.app. Is this a known issue in this early stage? Would be awesome to have a dual iso movie converter. It would also be nice if the dual iso movie conversion could be done with .raw as well.
Thanks for your efforts.

Here,s a link to an extracted dual iso .DNG coming from a dualiso .mlv file

http://sprend.com/download.htm?C=3ddc69f358204eda9adb2b2698ee42ac