MLV Mystic - [Windows][OSX] MLV/RAW to DNG & Dual ISO GUI batch converter V0.5

Started by GTempler, February 13, 2014, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hello, great tool. would it be possible to add the possibility to set in and out points before batch converting the files. would be really a very nice and important feature...
thx.

KurtAugust

How about a status/progress bar?

Seems to be running well on OS X 10.6.8. Canon 5dIII. Doing test runs today.

Update: Also with os x 10.9 Mavericks and everything I could think of. Very happy to have this!

This and Resolve Lite makes a raw workflow that is doable and free. That's quite something.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

pilgrim

Thanks for the program. It's work nicely. As the other said : I expect there will be Dual ISO.  :)  :)

NChaparro

I covert the mlv file but do not see any audio file, is there some sort of trick i don't know about?

llirik

Quote from: KurtAugust on February 19, 2014, 10:52:31 AM
How about a status/progress bar?

Seems to be running well on OS X 10.6.8. Canon 5dIII. Doing test runs today.

Update: Also with os x 10.9 Mavericks and everything I could think of. Very happy to have this!

This and Resolve Lite makes a raw workflow that is doable and free. That's quite something.

How are you getting this through resolve? I've used mlvmystic to create the dogs... but once in resolve the audio doesn't sync properly (have to manually do it... which for hundreds of clips would take forever)... but mostly, resolve simply does not want to export dngs that are created by mlvmystic

KurtAugust

As for Resolve: frankly it's the first version that works for me.... at all. Before, it just crashed. So I'm really not the person to ask as I'm really new to it. Syncing I will probably do in Final Cut, because a prores proxy just works quicker than going trough dng files. And if you have a lot of clips, it a job, but it's not endless. It just depends on how much the footage is worth to you and if you get enough time for delivery (and perhaps have an assistant?).
For now, I also prefer the color I get with ACR for onlining files, but it looks to be much slower.

I'm just very happy that we have these options now. It's becoming a real palette of processes.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

toniox

Chroma smoothing selection would be awesome feature for EOS-M users, can't wait!
Canon EOS-M, Canon 7d, Canon 550D. 18-55mm EFM, 24-105 L, 50 1.8 II, 22 f2 EFM, Fujian 25, 35, 50 c-mount.

andy kh

Quote from: llirik on February 22, 2014, 12:30:10 PM
How are you getting this through resolve? I've used mlvmystic to create the dogs... but once in resolve the audio doesn't sync properly (have to manually do it... which for hundreds of clips would take forever)... but mostly, resolve simply does not want to export dngs that are created by mlvmystic
the best option is to use raw2cdng build by chime if u use premiere pro. u can import cdng into premiere pro which all audio are in sync automatically. i make short films and its not possible to sync thousands of clips with audio manually
5D Mark III - 70D

silvertonesx24

This works great on Mac, I was wondering if there could be an option to select what folder the DNGs are exported to? It currently just dumps it in the same folder as the source, so it can't really be used when converting directly off the memory cards.

redfitz

Thanks so much for making this available! I may be missing something but while everything seems to be working fine, the resulting DNG files are not viewable in OSX or in PS or in FCPX whereas the DNGs that come out of RAWMagic are viewable. Is this because they're DNG rather than CDNG files or am I doing something wrong? If I use MLV Mystic to convert the MLV files to RAW files and then use RAWMagic to convert those I get viewable DNGs but that seems like a silly, roundabout process to have to go through. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

painya

To expand on arrinkiiii on Cinema DNG's. In premiere they render out effects much faster (around 3x faster) so many people would greatly appreciate that update.
Ps. This is for people that use the dynamic link from AE to PP to view DNG's. It's a very practical workflow and a ton of people use it. Thanks.
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

Theiamania

mageye

@GTempler

Would it be possible to have a check box option to format the output of the file names so they are compliant with DaVinci Resolve?

By this I mean using the naming convention that allows the files to be directly browsed with a thumbnail image for the folder when you browse in Resolve.

an example of the Resolve 'compliant' formatting is this: -

/M15-0121_C0000/M15-0121_C0000_000308.dng

I'm not saying this naming convention should be adopted; but it would really help to make life easier when using DaVinci Resolve. So having a checkbox for compliant file name/structure for resolve would be super useful!

Thanks anyway. It's good to see an MLV conversion program (on OSX ;)) making the process a little easier. :)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Midphase

+1 on the Resolve naming compliance. Extra bonus if you guys can actually make CDNG!

dubzeebass

SteveScout

Hi!

Can´t you set an output directory or am I just too stupid to find the option?

GTempler

@NChaparro Make sure you have the MLV Sound module loaded and enabled and the option in you ML sound menu is set to ON.

@redfitz We have encountered only one such experience where we had to remove all traces of the software files and re-install. Give that a test, if not it may be a version compatibility error.

@mageye & Midphase We will try to include Resolve compliance for the next version.

@dubzeebass I think you're pointing me to the metadata post. This might be possible for the future, but the next version will only contain metadata log texts.

@silvertonesx24 & SteveScout Output directories will be a part of the next release.

The latest version is coming along nicely and will hopefully be ready for release soon.

-Gavin

mageye

@GTempler

YAY! ;D

and looking forward.

Thanks again! :)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

jonsium

A drag and drop feature might be a nice addition to speed up the workflow.  Great work, very useful!

blakekimmel

Hey All,

Wanted to share a inconsistency / glitch I found using MLV Mystic. I have been getting some glitch frames (pink scramble, pictured below) when converting from MLV Raw format straight to DNG. When I run MLV Dump run from Terminal reaches the first bad frame it stops and reads "[ERROR] File ends in middle of a block". MLV Mystic powers through these frames but in final DNG folder, I am getting multiple frames with the overwhelming pink glitch scramble.

I just tried exporting a RAW from MLV Mystic and then converting with RAW2DNG.app and now MANY of the pink glitch frames seem to be normal. However, I am now getting a broken, half black frame where the first pink glitch occurred.

I do think that this is a in camera ML problem, getting some sort of recording issue but it appears that the problem is much worse when using Mystic to go straight to DNG instead of the 2 step I described above.

I am using a VERY recent ML build (Feb 28thish) | Komputerbay 64GB 1050X (shot two other projects in stock h264 with no corruptions or problems) and Regular Canon Battery

Anyone else having problems with these type of fully messed up pink frames or half blacked out frames with current ML and Mystic workflow?

redfitz

Quote from: GTempler on March 03, 2014, 05:14:40 AM
@NChaparro Make sure you have the MLV Sound module loaded and enabled and the option in you ML sound menu is set to ON.

@redfitz We have encountered only one such experience where we had to remove all traces of the software files and re-install. Give that a test, if not it may be a version compatibility error.

@mageye & Midphase We will try to include Resolve compliance for the next version.

@dubzeebass I think you're pointing me to the metadata post. This might be possible for the future, but the next version will only contain metadata log texts.

@silvertonesx24 & SteveScout Output directories will be a part of the next release.

The latest version is coming along nicely and will hopefully be ready for release soon.

-Gavin

I tried deleting the only files I could find which was simply the application that I'd copied to my Applications folder. I then re-downloaded the file and installed it again to my applications folder and converted a file with the same result as before.

SteveScout

blakekimmel, I had the same errors in the image. Very latest built (three days ago), and all the files were corrupt like this.

andy kh

is it possible to convert to raw without creating folder for each clips so that i can select all raw files at once without having to open every folder? it wil be much easier and save a lot of time if i can have all raw files in one folder so that i can open that folder and select all raw files at once to drag and drop in raw2cdng or pink dot remover.
5D Mark III - 70D

PeterR

Quote from: andy kh on February 23, 2014, 04:47:45 PM
the best option is to use raw2cdng build by chime if u use premiere pro. u can import cdng into premiere pro which all audio are in sync automatically. i make short films and its not possible to sync thousands of clips with audio manually

Would love to get timecode or cDNG with audio pre-sync'd in the next MLVmystic!  ;D

Andy: do you know if the raw2cdng work with mac premiere pro 7?
GH4 + 5D2 w magic lantern. Davinci Resolve>Premiere Pro>Davinci Resolve workflow

andy kh

Quote from: PeterR on March 09, 2014, 07:01:18 PM
Would love to get timecode or cDNG with audio pre-sync'd in the next MLVmystic!  ;D

Andy: do you know if the raw2cdng work with mac premiere pro 7?

raw2cdng is for windows only
5D Mark III - 70D