Davinci Resolve Lite or maybe something better?

Started by pianogirl, January 25, 2014, 03:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianogirl

Hi!

I would like to ask you if there is any better and faster way to work with DNG files?
I have problems with Davinci:
1.  I can not minimalize the opened window of the program
2. Do not have prores for rendering
3. Don't know how to work with Davinci and Sony Vegas in one time

Could you help me, please?

dangerzonerj

You can use ACR (adobe camera raw) with AE but you'll need proxies to edit anyway.

Better than resolve is quite complicated, it's the industry standard for color grading. you won't have pro res in PCs, only in Macs... Use DNxHD which is on par.

There's no fast easier way to work with RAW at this point. there's a tut out there using offline proxies in resolve. should work for you.

;)

jonnyginese

1.  I can not minimalize the opened window of the program
ALT+Tab to switch to another program.
2. Do not have prores for rendering
Get Avids free cross platform DNxHD codec which is visually lossless just like ProRes 422HQ. (I use Avid DNxHD 422 10bit)
3. Don't know how to work with Davinci and Sony Vegas in one time
Watch this, http://nofilmschool.com/2013/09/tutorial-canon-5d-mark-iii-magic-lantern-raw-offline-online/  You can use as much as as little of this as you want.  I use the first few steps to get an Avid DNxHD 422 10bit file and use that through final.  My laptop has a crappy video card and it processes the DNG raw to the avid file at about 10fps and my desktop does it at about 50 fps....

Cameras: 5D3 | 60D
Prime Lenses: Samyang 14mm 2.8 | 24mm 1.4 | 35mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Nikkor 105 2.5
Zoom Lenses: Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC | Canon 80-200 2.8 L

arturochu

the only two things i like better in ae than in resolve is the dead pixel automatic removal and better highlight recovery in acr.
Chu