How to apply Lens correction to RAW movie files?

Started by Luzestudio, February 07, 2014, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luzestudio

Hi!
When I load the dng files from my 50D nothing happens when applyting  the lens distortion correction in Lightroom.
Does anyone know how can we apply this correction?
Sometimes I use the tokina 11-16 for interior shoots and it will be great to correct it.

Best,

Xermán

-----
www.luzestudio.es

Andy600

That's because there isn't any metadata to tell LR what lens you used. You can add it with Exiftool (I recommend using pyExiftool GUI). Have you tried recording MLV instead?
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Luzestudio

Quote from: Andy600 on February 07, 2014, 12:04:06 PM
That's because there isn't any metadata to tell LR what lens you used. You can add it with Exiftool (I recommend using pyExiftool GUI). Have you tried recording MLV instead?

Thanks for the answer and interesting tool I did not knew.
Will try MLV recording today.
But I guessed that if I select manually a lens the correction will be applied even if there is no metadata, some kind of "forcing it".

Best,

X.
-----
www.luzestudio.es

Audionut

If you apply it manually, in LR/ACR for instance, it doesn't know the aperture shot at, or the focal length in a zoom lens.

Luzestudio

Quote from: Audionut on February 10, 2014, 03:54:41 AM
If you apply it manually, in LR/ACR for instance, it doesn't know the aperture shot at, or the focal length in a zoom lens.

You are totally right.

I recorded a few clips in MLV and now tried the correction, but just a small geometric correction is applied. I don't know if that's correct or if we should expect the same ammount of geometric correction we can see in a picture...

Best!
-----
www.luzestudio.es

g3gg0

there is one downside of MLVs metadata.
i dont know how to tell LR that the area displayed is *cropped* from the original image....
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!