600D Audio Controls?

Started by testaevisual, June 17, 2012, 06:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

I have already asked, and it will be released as 600D only bin with explicit text for .identify it as a test only release
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

miyake

Ah, I see Thanks for your confirming.
Then I will add to NotifyBox() and it will show "600D audio test release" on startup.

MSG added
pushed.

scrax

@miyake
I had a lot of other works in those days so only now I have little time for pulling from your fork to test last stuff, some day ago I've added a boost only menu to test the differences using it with lower value than 35dB for analog gain (like 1% suggested).
I'll be at work tomorrow, and be back at this time. Maybe will post in some hour if found something strange.

EDIT: I've tested it and it's good, added more notify info to be sure that it can't be misinterpreted as an official stable build
and pushed on my fork, but since to compile I had to revert back -mlong-calls I don't know if is better that you merge it.

Another question miyake, since b4rt (happy birthday, by the way) made me notice this, a 600D only build (a part from size) could be confused with an unified build and maybe some one will try to load it on another camera and since it will not works people will think tha ML is faulty.
Maybe it's better if we release a unified build that will refuse to load on other camera (i'm looking for MAGIC OFF function, my idea is to force it with another message like: ONLY for 600D - AUDIO TEST release)
done
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Ok, i've pushed the "unified for 600D only" test release, so only 600D user can test audio function and on other camera it will show that is not intended for other camera.

@ miyake
If you can compile without -mlong-calls I think that after 2.3 release you can open a new post asking for testers where to post the autoexec.bin

@testers
Please check:
- if value are right for each option(vol, gain, effect...)
- if all works as expected
- try to figure out the settings  to have the best audio
- audio monitoring
- change modes
- audio trigger
- DC filter

Little menu description of things different from audio menu on other camera:

Override Settings: When On ML controls audio, when Off Canon control audio
Analog gain+boost: raise the volume gain to the max an the use mic boost to 30dB more
Analog mic boost: boost mic volume in +5dB step (same boost used before)
Digital Gain: set global and L/R digital gain
Wind Filter: enable DC filter and HP filter, HP filter frequency

and keep in mind that there is a start-up lag due to the test build message, stable build will be faster at boot.

Kromofone

Count me in for the testing, just paste the link here for the new ''600D ML2.3'' topic, when v2.3 is out!

miyake

Quote from: scrax on August 13, 2012, 03:30:05 AM
@ miyake
If you can compile without -mlong-calls I think that after 2.3 release you can open a new post asking for testers where to post the autoexec.bin

64bit arm gcc need a mlong-calls. main repo doesn't use it. So I moved to 32bit dev environment now. So I don't need mlong-calls.

Anyway, I can't follow your work. Where you push something?

MSG added
Ah, I see. you pushed your repo.  And what do you think how to use it on testers? I can't find autoexec.bin anywhare.

MSG added2
Why you pushed your repo? You can directory push my repo.  I can't understand it's reason. You make a merge work to me.
And, I can make autoexec.bin when I do "make 600D". So we don't need limitation code for another cameras. we also manage those limitation codes until  merge to  main repos.
One more , your order is  checkout your repo and compile it and finally release autoexec.bin , right?
Let me know your considerations.

MSG added3
scrax: Sorry for my confusing, merge is easy way, on bitbucket web functions. Made a pull request myself and accept it.
I can ready to make it.

moftangiu

Count me in for testing guys.

And thank you for your work, making our life easier:)

scrax

Good,
since a1ex is away, we have to compile the test release by ourself.
I have a 64 bit system so I need to use -mlong-calls, but without that it will be smaller. So better to use your dev. env.

need to run to work, se you later

miyake

VMware ESX is great!

Anyway, I think a start-up splash screen is a little bit un-readable , I'm tunning now.
I will show you by you tube. check it.

miyake

SDX

First of, good job guys!

Here are my first investigations: it works!

But it's very unstable. I had to remove the battery quite often.

Sometimes I got some noise on the right output (might also be left, maybe i confused the outputs) and the screen turned black. (My right ear still hurts).  I can not exactly say when that happens, but it does while I changed some settings. Also, it happens (every time) when I start up the camera with the headset connected. When that happens, the battery needs to be removed (a few times). Changing the mode via the mode dial seems to help, too.

Sometimes the audiometers show sound, but I can't hear it through the headset. When I go into the menu and change the Output Volume setting to something random, it suddenly works.

The Audio Remote Shoot works well as long the headset works fine.

Also, I noticed that the camera, especially when the noise-on-headset-and-screen-turns-black error occurs, gets hot.

There also is an error in the menu. When I try to change the input source, it loops through the different modes. Looks like scroll-wheel-right event is being triggered for some reason.

I used a external mic (røde stero videomic pro) with a totally standard headset.
It's indeed still not usable for other than testing, but it looks very promising - again: keep up our good work guys!
PS: my ear still hurts - an our after having performed the tests.

1%

I've yet to experience these freezes... I did the same thing to myself with headset in the begining...

johndb

Where can I download the 600D Audio test Autoexec.bin?
600D ML | 450D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Speedlite 580EX II, Azden SMX-10 Microphone; Sony Vegas HD Platinum, DxO Optics Pro, DxO Filmpack, Oloneo HDR Photoengine

1%

I have a bin for exfat on my repo now. I can't find the other one either.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/downloads

Anton2707

this version work headphone monitor?

1%

scrax

Quote from: SDX on August 13, 2012, 06:02:00 PM
First of, good job guys!

Here are my first investigations: it works!

But it's very unstable. I had to remove the battery quite often.

Sometimes I got some noise on the right output (might also be left, maybe i confused the outputs) and the screen turned black. (My right ear still hurts).  I can not exactly say when that happens, but it does while I changed some settings. Also, it happens (every time) when I start up the camera with the headset connected. When that happens, the battery needs to be removed (a few times). Changing the mode via the mode dial seems to help, too.

Sometimes the audiometers show sound, but I can't hear it through the headset. When I go into the menu and change the Output Volume setting to something random, it suddenly works.

The Audio Remote Shoot works well as long the headset works fine.

Also, I noticed that the camera, especially when the noise-on-headset-and-screen-turns-black error occurs, gets hot.

There also is an error in the menu. When I try to change the input source, it loops through the different modes. Looks like scroll-wheel-right event is being triggered for some reason.

I used a external mic (røde stero videomic pro) with a totally standard headset.
It's indeed still not usable for other than testing, but it looks very promising - again: keep up our good work guys!
PS: my ear still hurts - an our after having performed the tests.

what are you using? it's not yet released...
have you compiled it by yourself?

scrax

Quote from: johndb on August 13, 2012, 06:46:46 PM
Where can I download the 600D Audio test Autoexec.bin?
It will be posted in a few hours
posted here
waiting approval (question of few minutes i belive)

SDX

Oh, I'm sorry, i forgot to mention that. I got it from 600Dplus. I could not wait, so i tried to compile it myself - but ended up using the autoexec.bin found there, too.

I'm really sorry, I totally forgot to mention that.
Looking forward for the more "official" release  :)

scrax

@SDX i've pm you.

I think that this topic now can be closed maybe.

The test build is posted here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2032.0

nanomad

Temporary locking topic, please provide feedback at http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2032.0
This topic should be used for development only and will be re-opened in 1h
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

miyake

I'm now investigating gain and boost values.
See this.
http://chirari.ddo.jp/ml/?p=934#more-934

Now confusing what is best method to change a volume with gain and boost values........