how to combine Mark II / III , RAW and the Atomos Samurai Blade

Started by kunststoff, February 06, 2014, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunststoff

Hey there!

is it possible to give aout the RAW signal out over the HDMI? For example to record  with an Atomos Samurai Blade in the end ? Would be very thankfull for some informations about it

kunststoff

Is it possible to give an downconverted HD Signal out over HDMI, while shooting with RAW?

ted ramasola

On those cams the signal is HD out the hdmi cable even while recoding RAW in camera, the problem if you record simultaneously via hdmi is that currently, ML has those info overlays while recording, frames, buffer, file size etc. Its clean when your not recording though.

I speak for the 5D2, not sure with the mkIII.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

kunststoff

thanx for the Information! we will check it, may it works out with the Mark III...

Midphase

reddeercity

I just kill all overlays in the 5D2 and record MLV/RAW and HDMI
with my ninja recorder, pick a resolution you know is continuous
and full card, use the time code on recorder to know
the duration etc..  Works for me  :)

B-rad

Does anyone know if the 5D3 will send out a rec trigger to the Atamos Ninja 2 or Blackmagic Shuttle so they start and stop recording at the same time as the camera? I'm not trying to record raw, just some low quality files for playback, and if it worked on the Ninja 2 that would also allow for recording synced sound. I know the recording is possible but not sure whether recording is triggered by camera or if it has to be done manually.

Midphase

It might on the latest Canon firmware. The nightlies don't currently work with that, but some people are trying to get ML to work on the latest 5D3 firmware.

Not sure if any progress has been made on it.