http://postimg.org/image/5kdpyahlv

Same with ML v2.3NEXT.2014Jan25.7D203

Focus hunt after changing lenses.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9848.msg92361#msg92361

Ciao
Walter

ted ramasola

To add, testing Jan 25 TL.

It still skips and stops at approx 10 min or 40,929 MB ( 39.9GB )
Even though it recording constantly at 77.3/80/76 MB/s 9%idle.

The Tragic Lantern version that does not stop at 10 minutes and will fill up card is Jan 7.

after that up to jan 25 will skip and stop at 10min or 40gig.

Also to add an observation which I hope will help, I reverted back to Jan 7 TL and did a capacity test again.
I observed that the LV info keeps on updating constantly and the CF card activity led light keeps flashing but upon reaching approx 10min
or 40gig which is the threshold for other builds before stopping, I notice every info stop updating and the CF activity led stops flashing, like the cam froze for a few seconds,
but after maybe 2 and 1/2 seconds the activity and led flashing continuous and so does recording.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

1%

I think this bug came over from g3gg0's pre-buffering commits to MLV_REC. If you use the pre-compiled ML nightly MLV_REC what is the behavior?

ted ramasola

Quote from: 1% on January 27, 2014, 03:48:33 AM
I think this bug came over from g3gg0's pre-buffering commits to MLV_REC. If you use the pre-compiled ML nightly MLV_REC what is the behavior?

Pre-compiled? The ones from the ML nightly downloads page? I don't see the 7D there anymore. The last one I downloaded there dated Jan 13 does not have an MLV_Rec.mo.

Can you give me a link to a pre-compiled MLV_Rec that you want me to do a capacity test?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

ted ramasola

loaded only the MLV_REC.MO from the link you gave and running test now.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

THAT MLV_REC.mo you sent works in breaching the 40gig mark. it has filled up 64gig CF card. Approx 15 min of RAW with sound.
ALSO I did not observe the pause in the information updates on the lcd screen or the pause in the CF card activity LED flicker while breaching the 10 min(40gig) mark.

For reference what is the date of that mlv_rec.mo so I can catalogue it properly?

Is that Dec 29, 2013 according to the file details?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

tonybeccar

Since we are on this subject...

I tested for a full day the Raw 7D with TL and the latest build.. and so wanted to put in the little things I found..

- First of all, I was using my 32gb Transcend 133x.. that said I got a couple of corrupted frames every now and then.. just a few though.. pink and not pink too.

- It would be REALLY neat to have the option to disable the sound bars in LV.. just because sometimes you are not focusing on audio and they are distracting.. and so other overlays can come into place, it alters all the layour of the overlay items.

- I love the white rectangle that you get when you enter in raw video.. it is MUCH better for framing to have something white around your frame. But for example, in Play mode (mlv_play) the rectangle is on the center screen, but the video is shifted down, so it is not properly aligned. Also, in normal LV, it is a TINY LITTLE misaligned to the left.

- Regarding the last point, when you connect a monitor (i havent recently, but I remember this), the rectangle gets messed up, totally shifted towards its original position.

- Is there any way to remove the raw buffer/status overlays? I thought i've heard that there was an option, but couldn't find it. It will be a much cleaner interface. I remember some user created a custom icon for raw recording, can this be implemented?

- 5x Zoom, it is SO nice the crop mode.. but, you lose the ability to do a 5x zoom! Right? You CAN do it, but the LV turns into ML grayscale mode, which is pixelated and slow. And to be honest the magic zoom is also pixelated, but you can manage of course.

- 10x zoom still hangs sometimes, had to disable it. I never use it though.

- The EXIT button in mlv_play sometimes doesnt exit, sometimes it does.

- Apart from Raw.. something that always been there.. even though one doesnt have the expo override function on, the shutter speeds are weird.. maybe they are shown in degrees? But clearly.. if you are in normal mode and haven't touched anything, it SHOULD be 1/50 of a second and not 1/48, right??? It is a bit misleading that's it..

- In crop mode I got way more corrupted frames than the other few I got in all day.. is it still like that or is it my memory card that was crappy? (25MB/s though!!)

- Lastly.. the Text and Take metadata seem to reset every time I restart the camera!

Aaaaaanyway... not complaining at all!!!! I LOVE my 7D now!! It is a BEAST!!! One can use it perfectly.. though it would be *perfect* it it worked 100%!!

Regarding another matter, i've been working the last 2 days on a windows batch mlv2dng converter.. very complete, nice, simple and efficient!!! Version 1.0 almost done, will upload tomorrow.. hope everyone can get the juice out of it!!

If one was kind enough to read until here.. does anyone know how to import the dng sequences to AE with the audio files automatically?

Thanks to everyone!!!!! :)
Cheers!!

1%

QuoteIs that Dec 29, 2013 according to the file details?

Is that what it says in the meta info? If so he didn't update the 1st post. I thought the updated was released somewhere in that thread.

QuoteIt would be REALLY neat to have the option to disable the sound bars in LV.. just because sometimes you are not focusing on audio and they are distracting.. and so other overlays can come into place, it alters all the layour of the overlay items.

One should not record high res with GD on. This is the reason for the pink frames... especially things like raw_histogram, etc.

Quote10x zoom still hangs sometimes, had to disable it. I never use it though.

You can use it to speed up crop mode recording a tiny bit. Its just the YUV that is broken.

Quoteif you are in normal mode and haven't touched anything, it SHOULD be 1/50 of a second and not 1/48, right???

The LV shutter and photo shutter is different. It should actually be done with ADTG but the 7D has those 2 digics and its difficult.

1%

So... what to do? Pull or revert the pre-buffering commit?

a1ex

I would revert it (didn't tell g3gg0 yet, but I believe he knows).

1%

I wanted TR to test against the ML ver but seems like the 1st post contains a late december build of it.  maybe its a small bug only.

ted ramasola

is the "pre-buffering" the one causing the 40 gig limit? If so, what benefit did it aim to achieve in the first place?

For now, using the builds from Jan 7 tragic lantern the performance of 1728 x 972 16:9 at 24fps + sound is very satisfactory.

-just don't attach hdmi monitor or an occassional pink corrupt frame will appear near the start.

In the 1st post link the mlv_rec is dated dec 29, the MLV_snd is dated jan 4 so I guess there was no updated ver.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

g3gg0

most people complained about the 4GiB margin that caused skips.
(i.e. 5 of 6 people giving any valuable feedback complained about that)

thats the reason why i added preallocation of files so the lag decreases as a portable solution.
(feedback was iirc 2 people telling its better now)

downside: that didnt work for longer videos reliable enough, usually stopping the video after 10 minutes.
(which is by the way longer than the 4GiB point)

plus the fact that i am providing PM / IM help at evenings and only have ~2-4hrs at the evening, leaving the forum
and bitbucket reading for my breaks at work during daytime, it might be suggestible that people capable of
programming languages like C could participate and bring in their own ideas and help.
(just as a generalized side note)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

tonybeccar

So, if it's better to record with GD off, I have a useful suggestion:

Instead of having just the white rectangle, it would be VERY useful to have the non-recording space area with black. I always record in 2.35:1, so it's distracting to see the areas that I'm not recording.

I always wanted this feature, also, when you have a client monitor, it's very easy to use a "clear overlays" BUT KEEPING THE CROPMARK! :) Would it be possible?

Cheers!

1%

The old crop marks would work with GD off but they were surrounded by black and made to work with the overlays.

ted ramasola

For having HDMI monitoring, I think the priority should be to make sure there won't be pink corrupt frames when an ext monitor or hdmi cable is attached.
I'd rather have that  then if having overlays or guides is doable that would be a bonus.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

I'm guessing the camera can't keep up with the larger YUV data. On really affected cameras it was easier to record clean footage when shrinking the YUV to 640x480 or turning it off completely. HDMI is the opposite.

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas