1100D Liveview focus mode

Started by colt, February 02, 2014, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colt

Hi,

I'm now learning to use ML, and i have found a strange issue.
I sometimes use Live View, and use the focusing in it. But since i have ML installed, the Live focus mode (contrast AF) doesn't work.
Usually i use the autofocus for night photography, and for checking, i zoom into the Live mode image. Now i cannot do this, only with MF.
The issue is that when i'm in Live mode, and press the shutter button, the mirror goes down, and the camera focuses using the phase-detecting AF mode.

I checked the ML menu, but is cannot figure out how to bring back the Live AF mode. Google haven't helped... Can somebody tell me?

Thanks in advance :)

Audionut

Check the Canon menu.  There you have options for which focusing mode to use in LV.

At least, you do for other cameras.

colt

I have checked it before. The camera is using phase-detecting af, no matter which focus mode is set for Live AF. That's why it is strange.

colt

Has anyone an another idea? The settings in the Canon menu are irrelevant, the Live AF doesn't work with any setting.

a1ex

If it works without ML, show us the contents of the delta menu.

dmilligan

Canon Menu -> 4th Red Tab -> AF Mode -> (Options: Live Mode, Face detection live mode, Quick Mode)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1100D/7

colt

Hi, In the Delta menu, i have found that i have set the 3rd party flash in LV mode... (I had a flash some days ago, which wasn't full E-TTL compatible, and i tried this to make it work.) This setting caused that if i have pressed the shutter button halfway, the mirror came down, and the camera focused using the phase detecting AF.  :o I have turned it off, and the Live AF is working again  8)

Can this be a bug?

@dmilligan : My Live AF was set to Live Mode all the time. I haven't changed it. Now it is set to Live AF, but in Live mode, the mirror goes down when focusing. If it were the only problem that the wrong AF mode were set, i haven't asked here :D

Thanks for the help all of you  :)