SUMMER.

Started by Luiz Roberto dos Santos, February 02, 2014, 01:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Summer video, for fun guys!  8)

tupp

Looks really nice!

After seeing this video, I am going to have to rethink my attitude towards artifacts!

engardeknave

Really fantastic editing. But the content is way too "family" for the style.

I'd be interested in hearing some details about your software and workflow.

creamchewontwan

How did you do the super slo-mo shots?

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: creamchewontwan on February 02, 2014, 05:06:41 AM
How did you do the super slo-mo shots?

I would think it's the Twixtor plugin for after effects.

If you can't afford Twixtor+Adobe, or you run linux, I'd suggest: slowmovideo.granjow.net

tupp

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on February 02, 2014, 05:13:07 AM
I would think it's the Twixtor plugin for after effects.

Twixtor is indeed in the YouTube tags for the video.

Quote from: ItsMeLenny
If you can't afford Twixtor+Adobe, or you run linux, I'd suggest: slowmovideo.granjow.net

I run Linux -- thanks for the link!

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Quote from: tupp on February 02, 2014, 04:34:31 AM
After seeing this video, I am going to have to rethink my attitude towards artifacts!

Ah, yes, the art of spoiling our youtube videos. I intentionally threw a dirty grain of Cinegrain, but it seems that the motion estimation youtube does not like to keep them! In vimeo only give to upload at 720p (I'am not PRO), and I did not miss it.

QuoteBut the content is way too "family" for the style.

Yep, I tried not to do anything of the viral type, this is exactly what you said: New Video family. I had some recordings here and did not want to lose them in HD, so I decided to post it here and here.

QuoteI'd be interested in hearing some details about your software and workflow.

So, I used AE and PP CC. I did slow with Twixtor PRO 6 without any vector, so some bizarre interpolation artifacts on water. As the shots were 720p with 60fps and I wanted to make a 1080p video, I interpoled them with VideoEnhancer.
Before working on anything, I transcode to Cineform, incidentally.
After that I did the composition in Premiere, played the audio in audition CC (only found in 44.1hz and 320kbps music, so it is a drug), and then I colored the video with After Effects using OSIRIS from VisionColor (incidentally, used the Visiontech 2 for shots), also used the FilmConvert PRO, with appropriate profiles, and also the Colorista II, RedGiant, for push some tones... is that. I render to Cineform 444, and then did the encode for web with MeGUI (x264 10bit, CRF 12 and --fgo 15 ; audio with qaac on HE-AAC).

Thanks for the comment and especially critical. Not only live praise and believe that we will grow much criticism.
Just to portray me, I made this video without much technical involvement. I believe there comes a certain time the technique takes care of us, and it hides all the essence for which we are working, it is making something beautiful and sensitive. I do not know if I got it, probably not, but I tried briefly.

bennyray1

Quote from: Luiz Roberto dos Santos on February 02, 2014, 06:28:35 AM
Thanks for the comment and especially critical. Not only live praise and believe that we will grow much criticism.
Just to portray me, I made this video without much technical involvement. I believe there comes a certain time the technique takes care of us, and it hides all the essence for which we are working, it is making something beautiful and sensitive. I do not know if I got it, probably not, but I tried briefly.

I enjoyed your video very much sir, especially the fact you decided to take a normal situation such as a family vacation and bring it to life in a completely different direction.I have watched this video several times now and am impressed by the grading and the overall complete disregard for the norm.This video was inspiring to me thank you sir for sharing.

D6-2035

Very artistic, well done!
Different for sure but I like it a lot.

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

bennyray1 and D6-2035. Thank you so much. You do not know how much your comments motivate me. Thanks a lot guys!

OObner

Great Stuff!

Somewhat heavy on the effects and coloring - and youtube sure don't help you - but still great stuff!