Raw Video and H264 start at the same time

Started by melimelo, January 30, 2014, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melimelo

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Magic Lantern but gotta say I really love it. Outstanding work by all developers, and so grateful you decided to do this open source!

I have a 5D Mark II with ML v2.3 and nightly builds from a week ago.

When I try to record raw video,  I just enable the raw video from the raw_rec module and turn it on on the Video tab. No other video feature on. Go to Live View press set and then Canon's H264 launches. If I press set again raw video starts but H264 keeps recording simultaneously. When pressed set once more, raw video stops but h264 still on. Only way to stop H264 is to get out of live view.

I'm pretty sure there is some simple answer to this as I must be doing something wrong. Anyone can help? Thanks

PS: I've seen many threads regarding MLV (gotta recognise have not read them all...sorry). In short: any significant quality difference (advantage to use) vs the raw video from the raw_rec module? thanks again!

ted ramasola

Whats the date of the nightly build you are using?

Try to Download a.d. 's jan 6 nightly from this link and update your ml. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5533.0

See if the problem of simultaneous recoding is still there. I remembered this problem awhile back and it was fixed, just can't remember how, but that was an old build.

MLV is much better than raw_rec as it has sound and its what devs are focused on.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

melimelo

Thanks for your extremely fast response!!!

I will install the January 6 nightly build, though the one I'm using is from jan 27!!!!

by the way this also happens with mlv... not only with raw_rec

ted ramasola

Devs are still trying to fix a bug on jan 7 to 29 builds, I'm still out for a shoot and should be able to test a fix for the bug later.

Use the Jan 6th for now. Make sure record restart is off and delete your old magic.cfg file in settings. follow updates on the mkII here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5533.0

hopefully a.d. will update his builds with a fixed mlv_rec.mo.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas