Firmware Update Problem??? Help!!!

Started by Nicholas91, January 29, 2014, 10:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas91

I have recently installed ML to my 7D and updated to (version 2.0.3) with success. I later attempted to update my 7D firmware from the canon site to version 2.0.5. I followed the same procedure yet my camera is not turning on. The CF card is being read on my mac through a card reader and the camera continues to turn on, but not with the card in the camera. I have turned the camera on and off and removed the battery numerous times to try and somehow get it to correlate with CF card that works fine on my computer!!

All the remaining files from installing magic lantern are on there, even after formatting the card. version 2.0.5 does not seem to have fully completed. When going into the camera setting and down to where the firmware info is, it reads 'version 2.0.5. The card however will somehow not respond to that and thus the camera will not turn on. I have downloaded the new firmware numerous times with no signs of the camera coming on with the CF card in.

Any suggestions as to what i can do? Perhaps there is a file missing that needs to be retrieved in order for the installation to be complete? There is nothing on youtube and i am due to shoot in a couple of days..

Thanks

Nick

Walter Schulz

Make up your mind:
- Do you want to run Canon firmware version 2.0.5 on your cam? If so: ML wont load. Each ML version runs on it's designated firmware platform only. As time of writing: 2.0.3 is needed.
- Do you want to run ML? Downgrade your Canon firmware to 2.0.3. Canon is denying this will work but it does.

You may want to press SET during bootup to surpress ML processes to start.

Ciao
Walter

Nicholas91

I have made my mind up that i want to install the 2.0.3 and thus have access to ML. However the card is not being read in the camera, in fact the camera isn't even turning on with it in the card slot. So i am torn as i cannot physically update (or in this case downgrade) to 2.0.3.

Ever heard of this problem?

Nick

Walter Schulz

Insert card into cardreader, format it with NTFS, insert into cam, format it there. Then proceed with firmware downgrade.