5d Mark III Magic Lantern - Returning user.

Started by rebelj12a, January 31, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelj12a

I had Magic Lantern installed on the 5d mark III and II before RAW came around. I dont recall all these warnings about bootflags at the time. Is that something new, or would that be something that I just did not notice the last time around. If so is that what has changed about the code? So installing cannot be undone.

I dont seem to recall that being a problem in the past, however is there a build that precedes the bootflag requirements? I just want to use magic lantern for the audio control mostly.

Thanks in advance!

Audionut

If you are running the alpha build, there is no problem.

rebelj12a

jrcreative

When you say there is no problem running the Alpha build what are you referring to actually? Any thoughts on when a stable version for the Mark iii will be available?

Audionut

Quote from: jrcreative on February 01, 2014, 05:58:56 PM
When you say there is no problem running the Alpha build what are you referring to actually?

The bootflag.

Quote from: jrcreative on February 01, 2014, 05:58:56 PM
Any thoughts on when a stable version for the Mark iii will be available?

Probably when it's done.

jrcreative

Thanks:) I guess I'll be willing to take the plunge when it's done. I'm sure nothing would happen if i went for it now, but for some reason with this i'm risk averse. I think an updated CPU will be in order anyhow to process the RAW files.