EyeFi Trick Menu added

Started by scrax, June 15, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

EyeFi Trick Menu

Actually ML has an option to rename your raw .cr2 pic to .avi so they will be transfered by an eyefi card without support for raw transfers. This works better if on your pc you have somethig set up to rename back the files.
You have this option in debug menu because is not used a lot (probably i'm the only one who uses it) but after you use it your cr2 file will be unreadable by the PLAY menu so I've duplicated it and changed a bit to rename them back when you need.
Just to try I've moved CR2toAVI to tweak and made a submenu for it with CR2toAVI and AVItoCR2 options.

Now my idea is to make it visible or active only when an eyefi card is inserted. Is there a simple way to check if the card is an eyefi card? Canon has a menu that is shown only if there is an eyefi card inserted, maybe we can find the little numbers that changes when the card is inserted? :)
Or how we can read the card to see if it is a eyefi, it has a hidden folder called EYEFI with REQC REQM RSPC RSPM binary files?

I've started with this:

int check_eyefi()
{
    FILE * f = FIO_Open(CARD_DRIVE "EYEFI/REQC", 0);
    if (f != (void*) -1)
    {
        FIO_CloseFile(f);
        return 1;
    }
    return 0;
}

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

by the way in show task i found EyeFi task id 68 in canon task
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Maybe I found howto do:

static void tweak_init()
{
    extern struct menu_entry tweak_menus_shoot[];
    menu_add( "Tweaks", tweak_menus_shoot, 1 );
    menu_add( "Tweaks", key_menus, COUNT(key_menus) );
+ #if defined(CONFIG_60D) || defined(CONFIG_600D)
+     if (check_eyefi())
+ #endif
    menu_add( "Tweaks", tweak_menus, COUNT(tweak_menus) );
    menu_add( "Play", play_menus, COUNT(play_menus) );
    menu_add( "Display", display_menus, COUNT(display_menus) );
}

Adding those line works on my first test... :D (because there are no other menu item for 60D & 600D there for now.)

Now EyeFi menu will show up only when ML is on an EyeFi card.

My next step will be to change icon state when eyefi is active in canon menu, some suggestion on how i find the numbers?

Indy

scrax

Hi Indy, and first thanks for all your work on making the unified possible (and for keeping the wiki updated with link like those)

I've read all the linked pages on the wiki long before buying an EyeFi card, after then I bought it only because they will refund me if returned in 10 day (so I had the time to test it, see the raw transfer limitation and ask a1ex for the eyefi trick option).

When I finally managed to have a working toolchain I've just tried to add also the revert back to cr2 function because it was just a matter of copy and paste, like for the submenu layout. Actually I'm waiting to see what direction ML graphics will bring before trying to change the icon.
My ideal EyeFi function will be an option as plugin (maybe, so to install it only on EyeFi card that don't transfer RAW and work with ML) to automatically convert CR2 to AVI when it's shoot if EyeFi transfer is active.

I have no developing skills, so i can't do a lot without learning more about how ML works and C.
If I'm right there is a EyeFiTask in canon firmware with some function to use the card?

So far the change log on the source is a gold mine to lean for me, but there is a long way to go still. For example I still have problems in making a basic plugin compile (post here).

About the camera trying to load something from the card, since my camera can load ML from my EyeFi can we make some test using ML to see what is happening?

Indy

Hi

See here code how to list running DryOS tasks and other debugging info:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ml-devel/JstGrNJiuVM

Indy