The SD cards are allways READ-ONLY under imac (mid 2011)

Started by Federico, January 28, 2014, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Federico

And it's starting to really piss me off  ! >:( Because even by using the disk utility in mac os, I cannot format the card anymore.
Since I tried with SD cards formatted in my t4i and in a nikon coolpix, and the result is the same (read-only), I guess the problem is on the imac side.

So, did it happen to anymore ? Does anyone knows a solution ?

(because I would REALLY like to shoot RAW with my t4i :D and since I cannot copy anything from the imac to the SD card... well, I think you got it :p)

PS : I hope i'm posting this to the good part of the forum. If not, I apologise.

Janke

This may be a stupid question, but have you checked that the card's write-protect tab hasn't inadvertently been slid to "lock" ?

Edit: It is of course possible that the lock-tab switch in the iMac is stuck...

Federico

Thanks for your answers. Well, it appears that i've finally reached a problem with my imac. Not bad after 3 years with none  ;)

kalimerox

here i have a similar issue, i cant reformat, copy paste  / do anything with my sd card formerly formatted at the eos m camera.. but I m inl linux, tried different things, not even gparted with sudo rights can do anything.. any idea?? thanks :)