[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adotphoto

Here's a pic of the error Im getting :/ . I have the adobe dng converter installed, but I may not have the mla raw viewer installed correctly which could possibly be causing the error?
http://s11.postimg.org/e2flp4c69/lfjkds55.jpg

*zoom in*

CITY-U1001

50D | EFS 18-55 | last build crop_rec-3744x1080_24fps_50D-eXperimental.4.57pm.2020May06.50D109.zip

tonybeccar

Ok, for ALL of you who are getting an error when you hit convert, it's the same thing. I implemented a Windows Taskbar Icon progress (cool), but you're all having trouble with it haha. Will fix it today guys!!

@adotphoto, you have windows 7 right? which version? Did you unpack the program fully and used it from there? It is looking for a .dll file: Microsoft.WindowsApiCodePack.Shell.dll, do you have it in your root folder?

tonybeccar

tonybeccar

Quote from: adotphoto on February 02, 2014, 08:23:30 AM
Here's a pic of the error Im getting :/ . I have the adobe dng converter installed, but I may not have the mla raw viewer installed correctly which could possibly be causing the error?
http://s11.postimg.org/e2flp4c69/lfjkds55.jpg

*zoom in*

I looked at your screenshot, and you disorganized all the files inside the program folder. You shouldn't do that! Because the program uses the files that are around it, otherwise it will not find them! ;) Will make a proper installer in the near future.

Cheers!

CITY-U1001

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Невозможно загрузить файл или сборку "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" или один из зависимых от них компонентов. Не удается найти указанный файл.
Имя файла: "System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
   в WindowsApplication1.Program.LoadFiles()
   в WindowsApplication1.Program.ChooseFolderSource()
   в WindowsApplication1.Program.BrowseFolder_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
    Версия сборки: 2.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MLVtoDNG BATCH
    Версия сборки: 1.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/MLV%20Converter/MLV%20Converter.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Версия сборки: 8.0.0.0
    Версия Win32: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Версия Win32: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_ru_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS.0/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
50D | EFS 18-55 | last build crop_rec-3744x1080_24fps_50D-eXperimental.4.57pm.2020May06.50D109.zip

tonybeccar

I already fixed the error in the upcoming release, will upload it later after I polish some more things :)

Arthur Rambo

Thank you so much for this Tony !
I'll be starting shooting a new project on thursday, planned to shoot it in raw, and I was waiting for such a time saving tool ;)
I'll be doing some tests with the 1.4 version.
Good luck for future versions .
Sam

tonybeccar

Quote from: Arthur Rambo on February 02, 2014, 11:38:29 PM
Thank you so much for this Tony !
I'll be starting shooting a new project on thursday, planned to shoot it in raw, and I was waiting for such a time saving tool ;)
I'll be doing some tests with the 1.4 version.
Good luck for future versions .
Sam

Great!! Tomorrow will upload a new version hopefully, it has many features: Now I can read the metadata, write proxies, write mlvs, pause and some others, bugfixes too!!

Please share the project ;)
Good luck!!

adotphoto

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 02, 2014, 02:37:18 PM
Ok, for ALL of you who are getting an error when you hit convert, it's the same thing. I implemented a Windows Taskbar Icon progress (cool), but you're all having trouble with it haha. Will fix it today guys!!

@adotphoto, you have windows 7 right? which version? Did you unpack the program fully and used it from there? It is looking for a .dll file: Microsoft.WindowsApiCodePack.Shell.dll, do you have it in your root folder?
yes sir. windows 7 64bit.

BUT YO! THe program now works. I had to use it from where it was installed from. THANKS BRUH!

tonybeccar

VERSION 1.5 IS OUT!!!!

- PROXIES creation!!
- PAUSE button!
- Can read metadata of the MLV now!
- BUG fixed.
- Interface improvements.

Can queue 2 proxies, only prores for now. Tried with Dnxhd, but as I have a 7D, my clips are not 1920x1080, so ffmpeg gives an error. Does someone know anything about it?

It SUCKS that first you have to convert to TIFF in order to create a proxy, ffmpeg doesnt support it. Does anyone know a workaround? For now DCRAW is debayering the dng's into heavy tiffs. IT IS SLOW!

This are the parameters of dcraw that I'm using for now:

dcraw -v -w -H 0 -6 -T IMPUTFILE

I understand it has LOTS of options, can anyone point me in a better direction? I notice a color shift with the proxies. I dont know if I'm gonna add a dcraw section, the point of this program is to keep it user friendly and not "hackish" or complicated. The user must have a complete NON understanding of these complicated procedures and still be able to get the footage processed!

So maybe it is slow because of some of the parameters?

-NOTICE, the pause button sometimes will pause, and sometimes will say "pausing" and THEN will stop. This is because mlv_dump is an external process, and cannot be paused, so we have to wait until it's finished, same as ffmpeg. On the other hand, dngs and tiffs can be paused because each frame has an individual process.

- Metadata: frames, resolution and fps for now. Do you need more? I was thinking of adding an "info" button, that will pop up a window showing ALL the metadata of the file. Or maybe, do you need that metadata displayed there? I can take something away.. maybe just display the filename and the Duration in mm:ss. That would be more neat. You would still have access to it clicking the info button.

Please use it and report any bugs or any details that need to polish! I have lots written though.

- Oh! MLV convertion for now disabled, will work on the next version!

Cheers!

PS: can anyone tell me if the updater is working?

arrinkiiii

I open and close the 1.4 and it not tell me nothing about new version =(( ... going delete and try out the new version, thanks =))

Im having the same problem that you have, that with MlRawViewer the window close and open  for a second... how did you manage to get it work ?? 

tonybeccar

Hey arinki!

Yeah, it seems the updater is not working.. it worked when i was testing it here but not online, lol.. it was pretty neat.
And it is a known bug they said, i didnt got it working.. it still happens sometimes.. why you ask?? Also Next and Previous workd bad..

Arthur Rambo

Hi Tony,
Thank you for the 1.5 version !
What a time saver :D
Batched a few conversions tonight and it worked fine. Guess I learnt the "mlv_dump.exe -o mlv.raw -r m00-0000.mlv" command for nothing after all.
The progress bar only shows the progress in the number of conversions. Meaning that if you have 2 mlv files to convert, the progress bar will remain at zero until it finishes the first file, then jump to 50% and so on.
Not at all a deal breaker in my opinion, it could stay that way.

Samuel

arrinkiiii

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 03, 2014, 10:44:47 PM
Hey arinki!

Yeah, it seems the updater is not working.. it worked when i was testing it here but not online, lol.. it was pretty neat.
And it is a known bug they said, i didnt got it working.. it still happens sometimes.. why you ask?? Also Next and Previous workd bad..

MIRawViewer  don't work in my machine... i already leave in the thread the log, let see what they going to do =))  For sure that sooner or later the update will work =)))

Quote from: Arthur Rambo on February 03, 2014, 11:31:52 PM
The progress bar only shows the progress in the number of conversions. Meaning that if you have 2 mlv files to convert, the progress bar will remain at zero until it finishes the first file, then jump to 50% and so on.

Same here. Also i test with 2 MLV and the second in the frames GUI it show 0 frames for the MLV but wend i it the button Convert it do the job good.

Thanks again for this app =)) 

tonybeccar

Yes, the individual progress is on my top list. It's difficuly, because non of the processes give an output that I can use (or I know how), but anyway I think I know now how to do it so hopefully i'll add it soon! :)

One thing I just noticed is that the proxies flicker. It's because of the crappy Highlight handling of dcraw, i will set it to Unclip, but the resulting image will go darker. Anyway I'm hoping to fix it with ffmpeg. Anyone knows something about it?

And arinkiiii, the file that says 0 frames, is it a big file? How many frames does it really have? You just recorded it? Maybe I'm still a bit iffy on how to read the metadata... is it the ONLY file that showed that trouble?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

arrinkiiii

It's a small file, i open with MLVViewSharp and it's the same, it say "this particular frame is not part of the footage, maybe some chunks are missing? "  but then i open other mlv file in MLVViewSharp and work good, then open the same file that didn't show the number of frames and it shows... 150 frames. With MLV to DNG Batch Converter only show 0 frames but it works good... This 2 MLV's files i recorded with the latest build for the 7D... tomorrow i will record more and test more accurate and post here =))

tonybeccar

Quote from: arrinkiiii on February 04, 2014, 01:08:08 AM
It's a small file, i open with MLVViewSharp and it's the same, it say "this particular frame is not part of the footage, maybe some chunks are missing? "  but then i open other mlv file in MLVViewSharp and work good, then open the same file that didn't show the number of frames and it shows... 150 frames. With MLV to DNG Batch Converter only show 0 frames but it works good... This 2 MLV's files i recorded with the latest build for the 7D... tomorrow i will record more and test more accurate and post here =))

Whoa.. very confusing! The file header is supposed to have the values fixed at the exact same bytes. For instance, byte number 18th SHOULD always be the frame count.. please let me know if it happens again! For example if this happens with the frame rate then the proxy creation will get an error... :S Me I have 55 mlv files (short ones) and they are all fine.. Wait for your results tomorrow! :)

arrinkiiii

I think the frame rate is ok, just the frame numbers and the conversion works good... but like i said i think is from the new build or some error in the MLV tomorrow will check better. For sure is nothing from the app =))

ted ramasola

tony,

just a suggestion, I'm not sure if others find it ok but I find it counter intuitive if When I choose the source folder the app also looks into SUB folders for MLV files and checks them by default.
Maybe just the root folder and show the sub folders but not selected the mlv in them by default as it could have been done so in purpose to "hide" it and for workflow purposes.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

tonybeccar

Quote from: ted ramasola on February 04, 2014, 01:26:13 AM
tony,

just a suggestion, I'm not sure if others find it ok but I find it counter intuitive if When I choose the source folder the app also looks into SUB folders for MLV files and checks them by default.
Maybe just the root folder and show the sub folders but not selected the mlv in them by default as it could have been done so in purpose to "hide" it and for workflow purposes.

Hey ted, I think it's a GREAT feature, when you have a project, you always separate in folders: Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3 | Camera A - Camera B | Card 1 - Card 2 - Card 3 | And then the files... For this scenario the option is heaven, cause you dont have to manually add every single folder. I just didnt asume anyone had subfolders where they store their mlv files. But yes, could be added as an option, very easy, to choose to look for subfolder recursively.. I think it'll be better. Thanks!!

ted ramasola

Thanks for giving me the scenario its being used. I agree it would be useful that way. Just a request to add a button to "Include Subfolder[ ]" checkbox might be helpful. But if its  difficult its ok.

Your app is already very helpful to the MLV workflow.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Frank7D

tony, v 1.5 works for me; thanks so much!
As far as metadata, in addition to what you already have, it would be helpful to see the lens name and aperture and focal length and shutter speed and ISO. I see those when I play an mlv in MLVViewSharp; not sure if they are from the current frame being played, but for me seeing those for even just the first frame of the mlv would be helpful. Any way you could make that available would be great, whether out front or accessed through a button or any other way.

kgv5

tonybeccar,
is it possible to implement your app somehow could reckon if mlv (or DNGs after unpacking) are dual iso or not and give some tag to the folder name? (is such an info in metadata?) After processing it would be easier to just quickly pick those folders and pass them to other app for dual iso processing  (at least unless your app is doing that yet:)?
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Frank7D

When I make proxies ("Prores Proxy" "Scale to 1080p") the proxies get dupe frames so they end up longer than the original dng sequence (and are out of sync with the sequence). At least, that's what it looks like in After Effects.

Edit: Looking at it in Premiere, I see that the main thing is that there is a dupe frame at the start of the clip (sometimes some garbage frames at the end of the clip but they don't matter since they can be trimmed).