[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveScout

Quote from: tonybeccar on January 30, 2014, 02:16:54 AM
Why would you need the complicated H6 sync way then? (it's only reference audio though)

The sync is made for non-reference audio. Just imagine .. the H6 is feed via lav mics that are attached to the actors. So it captures several channels at once - and the camera triggers the on/off to that! So you don´t have to sync the reference audio to the proper audio later in post. That´s huge! The alternative would be the included reference audio from the camera mic and Pluraleyes or something similar.

But as long as the MLVs are not as reliable as raws .. hm .. hope they can fix it.

ted ramasola

Quote from: tonybeccar on January 30, 2014, 03:00:24 PM
Well I changed it, it's now possible.
Tony,

I Just dl'ed it again, still gives invalid error message when its output folder is same as source.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

gary2013

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 30, 2014, 04:39:46 PM
Tony,

I Just dl'ed it again, still gives invalid error message when its output folder is same as source.
i also see the same error.

tonybeccar

Quote from: gary2013 on January 30, 2014, 04:50:58 PM
i also get the same error. but, i rather keep all my raw files in one folder and the extractions in separate folders for good organization.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I changed it in my version. Will upload new version today, hehe. I made an option to save and load settings, which works perfectly! And.. wait for it... AN UPDATER!

Cheers!

tonybeccar

Quote from: gary2013 on January 30, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Tony, I have your latest version and thank you for all your work.
Can you size the window so it is shorter vertically? Just tighten up evrything with all the spaces that are now there. Like between Output MLVs and File Naming. Between that and the next DNG compression section. The buttons below the window for file selections can also be made shorter. There is extra space below the text. I like the current size of your text which makes it easy for my old eyes to read. And so on withe everything. Then the whole UI display it can probably fit my monitor display which is 1360 x 768. Right now your window hides at the bottom below my taskbar and I cannot see any of the important bottom row. Maybe make your display user sizable? I have to use my monitor at its native display.

also, it can use a Deselect all function for file selection. Maybe make the Select button toggle that.

Really?! The window is bigger than your screen? :S I have the same resolution than you.. been measuring it with that.. do you have a bigger windows taskbar maybe? Mind to send me a screenshot?

Thanks!

lionelp

Canon 60D, 50D | Lenses: Nikkor : 18-55 , 3.5 | 50, 1.8 | 24, 2.8 | 28,2.8 | 35, 2.8 |Helios 58 | A few other Nikon manual zooms and prime lenses|
Komputerbay 1000x, Sandisk 95 MB/ s

tonybeccar

Version 1.3 is out! Many things: Save and load settings, updater, unique clip number, move up and down items in list, windows taskbar icon progress and several bugfixes/improvements.

Would be interested to know if the wav file is fixed..

Enjoy!

Frank7D

Hi tony, thanks for the app; it's already great and I appreciate your efforts to improve it further!
One question; when you say:
"WAV file renaming. This way you can grab all your folders in your root DNG folder and throw them into after effects. You will be prompted with ACR for each sequence. Time saver."
I'm not sure I understand. The only way I know how to do it is to double-click in After Effects and browse to the folder with the dngs and select them all and open as raw sequence. In other words, I only know how to import one sequnce at a time. Is there a way to do multiple sequences at once?

tonybeccar

Quote from: Frank7D on January 30, 2014, 10:02:04 PM
Hi tony, thanks for the app; it's already great and I appreciate your efforts to improve it further!
One question; when you say:
"WAV file renaming. This way you can grab all your folders in your root DNG folder and throw them into after effects. You will be prompted with ACR for each sequence. Time saver."
I'm not sure I understand. The only way I know how to do it is to double-click in After Effects and browse to the folder with the dngs and select them all and open as raw sequence. In other words, I only know how to import one sequnce at a time. Is there a way to do multiple sequences at once?

Yes indeed. Go to the root of all your DNG folders.. select them all and drop them into the project bin. Not so tedious like that.. ;) It works because the audio file is now NOT the first file inside the folder.. so after effects imports a sequence by default.

SteveScout

Ah, I did not know the first file in the folder prevents image sequence importing. Nice!

But .. drag and drop does not work for me with complete folders, After Effects imports nothing.
However, the includede SMART IMPORT script could do this for you. More about DNG sequence importing in AFX can be found here, in the ML raw workflow article (slightly outdated since cinelog is available now, eventually replacing VisionLOG, but still good for the afx part):

http://hackermovies.com/hackermovies-magic-lantern-raw-workflow-guide

gary2013

Quote from: tonybeccar on January 30, 2014, 05:43:08 PM
Really?! The window is bigger than your screen? :S I have the same resolution than you.. been measuring it with that.. do you have a bigger windows taskbar maybe? Mind to send me a screenshot?

Thanks!
yes, really. I have a 42" lcd TV/Monitor that I use. The native resolution is 1360x768. If I go to 1080p, the text is too small to read then and the images are just blown up to fit. I also have to use my graphics app to set the custom aspect so the whole windows screen fits the view.  If I do not, the taskbar and desktop items are off screen. your app barely fits and it falls behind my taskbar at the bottom. You have a lot of extra space in your UI like I suggested. I think it shouldn't be hard to make it smaller and it shouldn't cause any harm or crowd anything there.
Thanx,
Gary

ted ramasola

I think the app size is just about how most app windows are. In fact its about the same size as the older Rawanizer and g3gg0's MLV browsersharp.
Layout and font sizes are just right. The change is font colors is now right in this version.
If you adjust the dimensions, just keep the font sizes as they are.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

gary2013

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 31, 2014, 04:06:20 AM
I think the app size is just about how most app windows are. In fact its about the same size as the older Rawanizer and g3gg0's MLV browsersharp.
Layout and font sizes are just right. The change is font colors is now right in this version.
If you adjust the dimensions, just keep the font sizes as they are.
i don't really have problems with other apps. there is a lot of space to make it a little shorter in height and keep the text. And, it won't cause any problems for other people.

gary2013

Quote from: tonybeccar on January 30, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

Thanks!
tony, here is a pic of the problem you asked for.
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/e8eab064-a12d-4cad-a5de-9a7ad81fd359/DxAOLbj2D

thank you,
Gary

mario1000

Hi Toni,

first of all thanks a lot for your very useful tool! I am not quiet sure whether this is a bug or it has something to do with MlRawViewer v1.0.4 alpha. When I record a video with 21 fps I get the following MLV Viewer protocol:

MlRawViewer v1.0.4 alpha
(c) Andrew Baldwin & contributors 2013-2014
Using GLFW
Opening MLV file C:\Users\ich\Desktop\M31-1206.MLV
Black level: 2047 White level: 15000
FPS: 29.776
Audio frame count 346
Set indexed. Frames missing: 3
Audio loop running
Width: 2560 Height: 1090 Frames: 728
Using Bilinear demosaic algorithm
Indexing completed
Stopping Audio

So the FPS number is interpreted as 29.776 instead of 21 fps. Have you got any ideas about how to fix this?

Best regards

tonybeccar

Quote from: gary2013 on January 31, 2014, 06:02:33 AM
tony, here is a pic of the problem you asked for.
https://www.transferbigfiles.com/e8eab064-a12d-4cad-a5de-9a7ad81fd359/DxAOLbj2D

thank you,
Gary

Wow! Never seen a screen so small.. but it's weird.. I have the same resolution as you!! 1366x768 I quote... so why the program is different sizes for both of us??? :S Will see if I can ass a shrink resize or something.. truth is if I shrink the UI in height everything will be too together and I will have to remove those "boxes" that say the title of the contents.. and I need them. The UI will become less intuitive visually I think.. AND, for example now I wanted to add more height, for an individual progressbar, and a system statusbar.. I guess I will have to trade with something.. will see. As I said, will ad a resize shrink to ALL function if i can!

Cheers!

tonybeccar

Quote from: mario1000 on January 31, 2014, 12:32:12 PM
Hi Toni,

first of all thanks a lot for your very useful tool! I am not quiet sure whether this is a bug or it has something to do with MlRawViewer v1.0.4 alpha. When I record a video with 21 fps I get the following MLV Viewer protocol:

MlRawViewer v1.0.4 alpha
(c) Andrew Baldwin & contributors 2013-2014
Using GLFW
Opening MLV file C:\Users\ich\Desktop\M31-1206.MLV
Black level: 2047 White level: 15000
FPS: 29.776
Audio frame count 346
Set indexed. Frames missing: 3
Audio loop running
Width: 2560 Height: 1090 Frames: 728
Using Bilinear demosaic algorithm
Indexing completed
Stopping Audio

So the FPS number is interpreted as 29.776 instead of 21 fps. Have you got any ideas about how to fix this?

Best regards

You should check with the guys of mlrawviewer! :)

Cheers!

gary2013

Quote from: tonybeccar on January 31, 2014, 04:27:36 PM
Wow! Never seen a screen so small.. but it's weird.. I have the same resolution as you!! 1366x768 I quote... so why the program is different sizes for both of us??? :S Will see if I can ass a shrink resize or something.. truth is if I shrink the UI in height everything will be too together and I will have to remove those "boxes" that say the title of the contents.. and I need them. The UI will become less intuitive visually I think.. AND, for example now I wanted to add more height, for an individual progressbar, and a system statusbar.. I guess I will have to trade with something.. will see. As I said, will ad a resize shrink to ALL function if i can!

Cheers!
my screen is not small, it is 42". The problem is probably from me having a TV/Monitor and the overscan is causing me to use the graphic display menu to resize the aspect ratio so all of the Windows display is seen and not cut off. As we discussed in PM, consider making your UI a small amount shorter, but also wider since we have 16x9 displays. You can then add a lot more things to the UI being a wider view with three columns instead of two.

Frank7D

Hi tony,
I tried v 1.3 and got an "unhandled exception" error message which says "Only supported on Windows 7 or newer". I have Vista. I had no trouble with your previous versions.
It happened when I hit the "CONVERT" button.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Only supported on Windows 7 or newer.
   at MS.WindowsAPICodePack.Internal.CoreHelpers.ThrowIfNotWin7()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.TaskbarManager.get_Instance()
   at WindowsApplication1.Program.Stopper_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4223 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MLVtoDNG BATCH
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/MLV%20Converter.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4228 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4230 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.DLL
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

tonybeccar

Version 1.4 is out! If everything is correct next time you open the app it will prompt to download the update! Please report that to me ok?

Changes:

- Add tree of folders!!! :D So if you have your mlvs separated in Days, Cameras, Cards... will all be respected.
- Following this multifolder concept, the card number increments for each card/folder processed.
- Gary, I added support for the size, try resizing now ;)
- Warnings for low disk space.

Enjoy, and don't forget to check the updater before downloading from here!

tonybeccar

Quote from: Frank7D on January 31, 2014, 07:59:11 PM
Hi tony,
I tried v 1.3 and got an "unhandled exception" error message which says "Only supported on Windows 7 or newer". I have Vista. I had no trouble with your previous versions.
It happened when I hit the "CONVERT" button.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Only supported on Windows 7 or newer.
   at MS.WindowsAPICodePack.Internal.CoreHelpers.ThrowIfNotWin7()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.TaskbarManager.get_Instance()
   at WindowsApplication1.Program.Stopper_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
MLVtoDNG BATCH
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/MLV%20Converter.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4228 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4230 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.DLL
Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Frank/Desktop/Apps%20Backup/Freeware/MLV%20Batch%20Converter/v%201.3/MLV_Converter_1.3/MLV%20Converter/Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Oh my god! Does it happen ALWAYS? Tried with different files and settings?
Must be a Vista thing then... :S Shit... Will see what I can do! Will upload a new version ASAP.
Thanks for finding the error!!

Frank7D

Yes, tried different files and settings. I can use 1.2 for now. I'll try the next version when you release it; thanks again for your efforts!

CITY-U1001

tonybeccar you can make cross-section choice for dng ? ( in ACR > camera calibration > ACR or VisionLog ) ;)
p.s. VisionLOG http://vision-color.com/visionlog/ for Canon RAW  :)
50D | EFS 18-55 | last build crop_rec-3744x1080_24fps_50D-eXperimental.4.57pm.2020May06.50D109.zip

tonybeccar

Quote from: CITY-U1001 on February 01, 2014, 08:49:46 PM
tonybeccar you can make cross-section choice for dng ? ( in ACR > camera calibration > ACR or VisionLog ) ;)
p.s. VisionLOG http://vision-color.com/visionlog/ for Canon RAW  :)

What do you mean? What I can do is to have an .XMP that points to your VisionLOG setting inside Camera Calibration. That's what you mean right? But you'll have to have installed the VisionLOG profiles, otherwise the .XMP will point to nothing. I can implement that!

CITY-U1001

50D | EFS 18-55 | last build crop_rec-3744x1080_24fps_50D-eXperimental.4.57pm.2020May06.50D109.zip