[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-sandro-

I love this converter. What if I wanted to get the converted DNGs all in one folder?

jimmyD30

Quote from: jimmyD30 on April 26, 2014, 11:21:41 PM
@tonybeccar

Nice job! Love the conversion app, works great  :)

Is there any way to save the Chroma Smoothing setting under DNG Options? I looked through the Config.ini file and didn't see the parameter for this feature. I would like to be able to save this setting to None, right now it defaults to 2x2 and I'm afraid in a rush one day I'll forget to update it to None.

I tried saving and loading the settings, but it seems like Chroma Smoothing isn't included in the ini file. I would be glad to manually add the parameter to the ini file myself, just would need to know the parameter name.

Thank you!

BUMP

arturochu

Can we get dual-iso black level fix update? So we won't get any flickering issues.
Chu

5Djp

Amazing,. love it!
But I'd still suggest www.xnview.com for the images over irfanview.   Over the years irfanview has in too many depencecies and the last one I used had spyware.  xnview is free and has none of that.  Maybe give us an option?   sorry if I'm asking too much, as I really really like what you did here on this.

jimmyD30

edge11

I hope not, this is the tool I thought had the most convenience and potential.

fascina

This is a great converter, I hope it will be further developed! Actually it is the only working GUI for mlv_dump that really works for batch conversion. Thanks!

Just want to mention that when I change in the "DNG options" tab the chroma smoothing and then save the settings, it won't remember the chroma smoothing settings when I load the settings the next time.

Kbam

Hi Tony, great work with this application, cant thank you enough.... its just I for one cant wait for you to be back to finalise the app, such as selection between mlv files in the app seems to take eternity, please be back  :'(

ariaelf

Is anyone else getting this error?

I'm confused, this didn't come up before, this batch converter worked perfectly before, now it won't work at all :(

That is followed by this...

oliew

This is fantastic work Tony! i have been using RAW on the 5d3 since the first alpha, and my process with the latest MLV was to use a batch script i wrote to convert MLV to RAW, then i renamed and ran a raw2dng script to populate directories with the DNGS.

My next step is to use lightroom to process all the DNG files and output TIFFS. The slow part is linking into NLE... but the quality gained over h264 is so much more and worth the extra time

This program saves LOADS of time so i thankyou :)

Any news on a new version with prores working?

Once premiere CC hopefully update the DNG support and we can edit dng sequences from ML i think we have a near perfect solution with your app!

Oli

Johannes

Year great work Tony,

but i think its better to ad a cDNG output to this nice tool. No idea when adobe pr supports DNGs for a sequence.

ProRes is nice but only with cDNG´s you have still the full 14 bit. Or is there any other codec?

That will be a big difference.

jimmyD30

@ariaelf

Try looking at your filenames, although Windows, OSX, Linux, etc. can handle 'funky' filenames, some apps can't especially if they utilize the shell interface (maybe behind the scenes, so you might not realize it). Things like spaces, special characters, more than one dot/period, etc. in the folder/file name might be causing the error.

I'm so old school that I still NEVER use spaces in my folder/filenames (I use underscore in folder names and dash in filenames for 'spaces'), and only a-z A-Z and 0-9 in my folder and file names.

This practice derives from when spaces and special characters were NOT permitted in folder/file names on operating systems, still good practice though, cause I've seen even today popular modern day apps having trouble with special characters, etc.

Arthur Rambo

Hello Tony,

Once again, thank you. It seems like you moved to something else, or maybe not !
Still looking for a quicker way to convert files, but until then, your converter still does a great job;)
Samuel

jimmyD30

@Arthur
Remove the 's' from 'https' and your Vimeo video will embed properly :D

Arthur Rambo

barepixels

Hi Tony

I wish to report that MLV Converter 1.9.2 (MLV Converter.exe) is not able to process MLV files created with full frame silent pics.

However the mlv2dng.exe  from MLV Converter 1.9.2/Tools/mlv2dng.exe  DOES generate DNGs but there are black bars as can see here

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12733.0

similar convo are being  discuss at  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.675  post ID 689

dmilligan wrote

I've been working on saving silent-pics and full resolution silent pics in MLV containers. The data from the full resolution silent pics has OB areas included. When using MLRawViewer to open these MLVs, it doesn't seem to be respecting the 'active_area' fields of struct raw_info (in the RAWI chunk) and outputs DNGs with the OB black bars in them. mlv_dump processes these correctly. For more information and some sample files see: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12733.0

here's an example of what I'm talking about:
File Header (MLVI)
    Size        : 0x00000034
    Ver         : v2.0
    GUID        : 5214970244131067897
    FPS         : 0.066667
    File        : 0 / 0
    Frames Video: 6
    Frames Audio: 0
Block: RAWI
  Offset: 0x00000034
    Size: 180
    Time: 23.117000 ms
    Res:  4832x3201
    raw_info:
      api_version      0x00000001
      height           3201
      width            4832
      pitch            8456
      frame_size       0x019D0508
      bits_per_pixel   14
      black_level      1023
      white_level      12932
      active_area.y1   24
      active_area.x1   62
      active_area.y2   3201
      active_area.x2   4832
      exposure_bias    0, 0
      cfa_pattern      0x02010100
      calibration_ill  1
5D2 + nightly ML

Jbowdach

anyone else having issues syncing the audio in resolve (DNGs with naming enabled, nothing fancy)? Im seeing a huge gap before the audio starts in most cases when I auto sync and the audio appears to be longer then the video, but just slightly. any ideas?

Processing a ton of MLV footage shot on a 7D when I was in Alaska, and just getting around to processing it

HeldvomFeld

i would REALLY love it, if you could assign a different folder for the wav files. That way, you can import them into AE all at once without having to go through every folder and look for the wav file.

Frank7D

Quote from: HeldvomFeld on August 16, 2014, 12:38:09 PM
i would REALLY love it, if you could assign a different folder for the wav files. That way, you can import them into AE all at once without having to go through every folder and look for the wav file.

If you're in Windows, it's pretty easy. In Windows explorer:

- Go into folder one level above multiple folders.
- Search for ".wav" (Ctrl + F).
- Drag the wav files from the results list into a single folder.

HeldvomFeld

Duh! How didnt I think of this?! Thanks!

SteveScout

senzazn12

Just wondering, I would like to use this app for the dual iso feature but I want to use the new cr2hdr20bit.exe same levels algorithm. I tried to replace the old cr2hdr with the new cr2hdr20bit.exe in the tools sub-folder under the MLV Converter 1.9.2 main folder and gave it a go, but didn't do the dual iso processing at all. It would be great if this could be implemented.

tonybeccar

Hey all!

I am just reading all this comments.

Just want to say sorry and thanks very much!!!

I started writing this program when I was in a 4 month holiday, away from everything! And when there was no batch program for mlv's... so it was the right time! Unfortunately, cDNGs are the way to go and there is no command line tool for that, it was not provided for me. And really, now being back in my life, it's absolutelty impossible for me to find time for this hehe, and I spent a lot on my holidays! On the other side I still do not own raw cards.. I sometimes borrow them.

I now have a project coming up and might use Raw.. but don't know a proper version for the 7D because the one I used some weeks ago gave some errors during shoot :S

Anyway, now there are awesome programs such as mlrawviewer and the cdng converter from chmee, and also resolve does an awesome job, it's very fast and very "luttable"..

Thanks to everyone for their comments but I see from some time now no point con continuing this as there are better options out there :)

Cheers!!!!!

arrinkiiii

I thank you mate for your nice work. Thanks  :)