[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeccar

Quote from: edge11 on March 24, 2014, 10:07:51 AM
So i got this error today while trying to format a 4gb mlv file with proress444 proxies.
Im on windows 8.1 using mlv to dng batch 1.9.1

I tried to send it through again and i got this

Then this

Tried it again, here is what the error message says

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '-73' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
   at WindowsApplication1.Program.My_BgWorker_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)

Any one know whats going on?

Grr, still this bug. Will have to put a definite solution to it, it's in my to do list. But I think regardless of that error the programs keeps on going. It's an "interface" error regarding the progress bar. And the ufraw-batch thing, yeah it's done it a couple times for me.. it's not a good program it seems. But I gotta process the tiffs somehow for ffmpeg. I will try with nconvert and see how well it process the dng's. For now I get a pink cast all over the dng's, I can fix it with "autobalance" but it changes a lot of things i don't want. Any help would be appreciated!

tonybeccar

Quote from: HugoFilipe on March 20, 2014, 02:25:47 PM
Hey Tony,

I mean I'm really doing something wrong.
I tried this new version, tried the 1.6 one also.
Everything works perfectly except that i never get a proxy in the end. I selected correctly the 3 programs, i can preview all the footage, well, in resume everything looks ok until the end of the export.

It creates the TIF's but then deletes them and no proxy appear. I tried all ProRes options, no luck with any.
I know this is a bad issue report, but really don't know what to describe.

Hey! This error should be fixed in 1.9.1.. did you decompress the contents of the zip in a separate folder? Because if you mix it with the old one it may create problems... that bug should be over..

screamer

hi tony,
and thanks for the fast answer. I've downloaded the new version and tried. But unfortunately dosen't work for me.
i load my mlv file, then right click to activate dual iso processing. and on the table, the dual iso propery is on yes. but the tab on the bottom remains grey, and if i export the dng sequence is with the line :\
any hint?

[EDIT]
i'm too impatient, i was looking at the dng files during the process (because the mlv is quite long and the rendering time is a lot), but now i've stopped, and i can see that the video converter is doing the dual iso conversion from the "lineish" dng extracted from mlv. great, and sorry for my mistakes. i really love this software, vveeery useful. thanks a lot
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

ponchotg

this is probably a temp issue, and probably because you are updating the file or something but i'm getting the Dropbox error "Nothing Here", Just Wanted to let you know.
can't wait to test it!
Cheers!
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 60D
Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm F1.4, Canon EF 100mm Macro F2.1 USM, Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 L IS USM, Canon EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS USM

tonybeccar

Quote from: ponchotg on March 25, 2014, 12:58:35 AM
this is probably a temp issue, and probably because you are updating the file or something but i'm getting the Dropbox error "Nothing Here", Just Wanted to let you know.
can't wait to test it!
Cheers!

Hehe, forgot to update the link in the first page, thanks man! ;)

ted ramasola

corrected the version number to your link label. It was still 1.9.1. Fixed now. Will download to test. Thanks Tony.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

ted ramasola

Tony, I still need to copy the old Programs folder with the mlrawviewer into this new version main folder right? I'm curious, since it also have an mlv_dump.exe in that folder, will your app disregard that version? Is it safe to delete that? or mlrawviewer needs it?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

tonybeccar

Hey Ted, got confused a little bit. The new version (1.9.2) is the same as 1.9.1 but with the programs updated. You should extract 1.9.2 and use it as it is, without overwriting, adding or changing any files.. mlrawviewer is external, shouldnt be a problem. One thing, I didnt change the label in the title of the program cause i was too lazy, lol..

Canon eos m

Tony, Does this latest version 1.9.2 work only with MLV. I remember the last version working both with MLV / RAW video files.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

edge11

Quote from: tonybeccar on March 25, 2014, 12:01:59 AM
Grr, still this bug. Will have to put a definite solution to it, it's in my to do list. But I think regardless of that error the programs keeps on going. It's an "interface" error regarding the progress bar. And the ufraw-batch thing, yeah it's done it a couple times for me.. it's not a good program it seems. But I gotta process the tiffs somehow for ffmpeg. I will try with nconvert and see how well it process the dng's. For now I get a pink cast all over the dng's, I can fix it with "autobalance" but it changes a lot of things i don't want. Any help would be appreciated!
Wish i knew how to help, other than reporting the results I'm getting.
I updated to 1.9.2,
Ok, so i get the ufraw error every time i try to make proxies for that longer 4gb file. I starts somewhere at the beginning of making the tif files. I let it run with pressing "close program on the ufraw error and it finished making the tifs but did nothing with them. The progress bar worked and updated but hung up  (got to 66%) after the tiffs were made. I gave it another 30 minutes then pressed close program on the ufraw error, my status bar reverted to 33% and there was a 96mb mov file in my proxies folder. Tried to open it in premier and i got a file import failure.

I didnt get any errors when a I ran a significantly smaller (400 frames) file.

clement2

Tony, I'm using 5d Mark 3 1.1.3, 25 march ML and transent 1200x 64gb CF card, can continuously record 25fps 1080p raw video (1x mode), but not in 3x crop mode. after I figure that if i in 3x crop mode, The camera itself change the fps from 25fps to 29.97 fps when recording, which make me can record 3-4 second and start frame skipping.

And I think your program prove what I hv told, if there is true, can u tell the guys who is developing the Magic lantern module to fix the issue so that i can use the 3x crop mode with MLV sound enable (no FPS overide). Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t66ytf1zo5iabdf/Untitled-1.jpg

ted ramasola

@ clement2
crop mode is always 29.97fps so you need fps override when using crop mode if you want 25p. there is no issue.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

guentergunter

Hello tonybeccar,
since a few days now there's a discussion about the future resolutions available for the 5D2 (and maybe other cameras).

It started with a1ex:

Quote from: a1ex on March 14, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
The horizontal resolution is restricted to multiples of 8 bytes and 16 pixels according to latest findings. This restriction is valid at least for 5D3 and 6D (didn't do much testing on other cameras), but I'd like to keep the code portable without camera-specific exceptions.

So, before including this change in nightly builds, I'd like to ask you which is better: 1888 with 8 pixels of black border that you will have to crop, or 1856 without any border pixels? Between these 2 values, there are no valid resolutions that respect the alignment restrictions.

This change was discussed here:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3904.msg106087#msg106087
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/438/raw-recording-force-line-size-to-be/diff

In my opinion, it would be no problem to simply discard black borders from an image while converting to dng:

Quote from: guentergunter on March 24, 2014, 08:39:02 AM
...and it's also no coding effort to discard pixels while converting to dng. The user wouldn't even realize it!
This way, no one has to crop anything actively in post! It's simply done in background in the ever necessary converting (to dng) step.

I'm no programmer (just some very basic skills).
Thus it would be really great, if you could just leave a little comment about it as a programmer to help us sort things out for the 5D2 (and other cameras with the same problem):

Specific 5D2 threat

Thank you very much!
5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

GooDween

it can't create proxy on win 8?
only errors, dng files created.

feureau

Just passing by to say thank you for the update! ^^

Thanks

edge11

Quote from: GooDween on March 30, 2014, 09:25:41 AM
it can't create proxy on win 8?
only errors, dng files created.
I'm getting the same errors on windows 8.1

GooDween

me too win 8.1 64 bit if it matters.
but without it it still much less painful for edit raws)

screamer

same problem here (windows 8.1 x64), also tried some compatibility modes for converter and also for ufraw-batch.exe, but no luck.
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

screamer

Quote from: tonybeccar on March 25, 2014, 12:01:59 AM
...And the ufraw-batch thing, yeah it's done it a couple times for me.. it's not a good program it seems. But I gotta process the tiffs somehow for ffmpeg. I will try with nconvert and see how well it process the dng's. For now I get a pink cast all over the dng's, I can fix it with "autobalance" but it changes a lot of things i don't want. Any help would be appreciated!

i'm not a programmer, so unfortunately i cannot help you except but trying your software and report what i see. but, i've seen a lot of people using gimp that has similar problems with ufraw, so agree with you, probably it's not a good program. anyway, some of them have resolved using http://rawtherapee.com/ instead.
i don't know if it can be usable with your software, but seems to be opensource, and free.
Gear:

kaco

should I use the chroma smoothing 2x2 for 5Dmk3?

arturochu

Quote from: kaco on April 08, 2014, 06:29:04 PM
should I use the chroma smoothing 2x2 for 5Dmk3?

Haha i have the same question.
Chu

arturochu

Chu

screamer

@arturochu, you can simply overwrite the actual cr2hdr in the tools folder with the new one, and should work
Gear:

arturochu

Quote from: screamer on April 09, 2014, 12:07:55 PM
@arturochu, you can simply overwrite the actual cr2hdr in the tools folder with the new one, and should work

I dont think that would be enough since there is a new command line for video
Chu

bastogne

Sorry for me inexperience but care to explain how this programme work?