[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Hi Tony, how are the vacations?   8) 

I want to ask if is possible to implement the command line for subtracting black frame. This is because of the vertical banding/noise... especial with the 7D. I think just i button that you click for upload your MLV file (dark frame) for subtracting directly wend make conversion to the dng's.

The post is this,
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10545.msg102318#msg102318

And the link for the command line is this,
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9861.msg94883#msg94883 

No hurries, enjoy your vacations and thanks for your hard work.   

ScaSer

Quote from: gary2013 on February 14, 2014, 10:09:59 AM
I also got this error.

i also get this sometime, might gave something to do if you have a MLV with skipped frames???
-Kasper

Canon 5D mark III

amp650d

Hi all. May someone tell me where can i find the raw2dng cs5x5 to remove pink dots in 650d at 1280x720. i´ve search it but just can find the pinkdotremover. Thanks in advance.

a1ex

The 2x2 from here doesn't work?

(send me a sample if it doesn't)

amp650d

Quote from: a1ex on February 19, 2014, 08:57:37 AM
The 2x2 from here doesn't work?

(send me a sample if it doesn't)

ok. i´ve got the 2x2. How can i use it with mlv files? Do i can to? Thanks.

a1ex

mlv_dump --cs2x2 should do the trick.

Or, convert the mlv to raw and run raw2dng (more useful for testing than for real work).

amp650d

Quote from: a1ex on February 19, 2014, 11:01:19 AM
mlv_dump --cs2x2 should do the trick.

Or, convert the mlv to raw and run raw2dng (more useful for testing than for real work).

Sorry A1ex. I´m searching mlv_dump in raw forum search field but i can´t find any link to download it. I should be blind. May you tell me where can i download it? Thanks again.

amp650d

Is there any chance to remove pink dots with MLV Converter  1.8.2 and so, to get a prores proxy file without them? Thanks.

jose_ugs

Wow... pretty bad(meaning good) converter! Hands down...

ted ramasola

Quote from: amp650d on February 19, 2014, 11:41:14 AM
Sorry A1ex. I´m searching mlv_dump in raw forum search field but i can´t find any link to download it. I should be blind. May you tell me where can i download it? Thanks again.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg59525#msg59525
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

amp650d

Quote from: ted ramasola on February 20, 2014, 07:22:51 AM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg59525#msg59525

Hi. A1ex, thanks. It works fine with --cs2x2. Do you think is it possible to get into the mlv converter gui the --cs2x2 param and get out a prores proxy file with no dots? In other to say: I´m trying audio meters from mk11174 and works fine for me, it looks like stable. Is it going to be include in the nightlys builds, just audio meters, no audio tab.? Greetings.

ted ramasola

Quote from: amp650d on February 20, 2014, 08:49:55 AM
Hi. A1ex, thanks. It works fine with --cs2x2. Do you think is it possible to get into the mlv converter gui the --cs2x2 param and get out a prores proxy file with no dots? In other to say: I´m trying audio meters from mk11174 and works fine for me, it looks like stable. Is it going to be include in the nightlys builds, just audio meters, no audio tab.? Greetings.

You may want to continue inquiring about those features on the mlv thread since this thread is about Tonybeccar's windows based dng converter.: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.1475

Or you can also do that in feature requests. : http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=24.0
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

kgv5

@tonybeccar, about DualISO again...
Is it possible to implement / connect cr2hdr app (which requires making folders, copying app files and dragging and dropping DNGs - all by the hand, with dozens of MLVs is unbearable) with your app to have DualISO movie GUI.
Your app could recognize wheather unpacked DNGs are dual iso or not and give an option to queue and proccess it automatically one by one via cr2hdr . There is such an app - barracuda but as far as i know it process only dual iso cr2 files, not DNGs. Thank you for your great work!
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Rush

Bug report:

- on some MLVs - raw2dng error (don't processes those MLVs)
- sometimes ufraw error
- .tiff files don't get removed after converting
(end message is "convertion completed". I think that "conversion" is correct)
Greetings from Russia!

SteveScout

Hi, Tony!

Hope you´re having a great time off. Just a question in the meantime .. in older versions of the program it did not want you to set a prefix or camera number etc. - it just took the original name of the file (if you wanted to) and added the framecount to the DNG file name.

In the latest version I think we´re forced to put some prefix to it .. and it messes around with the base filename. For example - a M29-1704.MLV  becomes a PREFIX_M29_171704.MLV where the double "17" is the biggest problem as it has a big impact on the readability of the filename. Could you check the naming routines?  Thanks!!

5Djp

Have any of you tried XNview?  (irfanview always seems to run resident, and has ads etc.. from what i remember)
http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/

I've always liked it better than irfanview.  Its free and doesn't install any extra garbage.  Batch converts/renames,.. and reads dng's.. to many formats.  .. (wait,. let me check...I didn't even think of this! ) Converting different formats now to check in Premiere cs6 and cc

5Djp

Whoa.. they have a new converter.... Xconvert
www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/#downloads

I'm checking now to see if it will convert dng's to anything Premiere cs6 or CC will load.

5Djp

I emailed the developer to see what they can do on converting dng's to a useable format for Premiere, or exr's in Nuke etc.

5Djp

Wowwwww.. the regular XnView  worked for dpx and it opens in Adobe Premiere CS6.
Use XnView and select all your .dng's ... right click or hit ctrl+U to do batch processing and go to "options" .. and on DPX/Cineon,... click the checkbox on ((("Write DPX in 10bits/component")))  and click "ok" and "Go" in the window below it.

...and i just checked.. it opens in Adobe Premiere CC

rhogggi

Would it be possible to add Avid dnx codec proxy generation in addition to the prores? Would be really useful for Avid users.  Thanks.

feureau

Awesome tool, Tony! Thanks for this

Btw, what arinkii said: can you add the option to use this Black Shading feature from MLV: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9861.msg94883#msg94883

Would help a lot with 7D high ISO vertical banding issue: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10545.0

Apparently it works for corresponding ISOs of each individual's camera, so we'd have to record black videos for every ISO level we want to Black Shading. So, maybe the option can automatically select the correct ISO based on a set of pre-recorded black video MLVs? that is, the camera owner record 1 second black video MLV for each ISO and they can put this in a folder somewhere and the converter can then automatically select the corresponding ISO according to the MLVs it's processing.

And of course, according to frame size too

Thanks again

painya

I always get the error "MLV2DNG has stopped working." any ideas?
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

Markus

Quote from: painya on February 23, 2014, 01:52:13 AM

I Got that on a few files recorded on my MK III with firmware 1.2.3 Switched back to 1.1.3, not sure if the more unstable version of ML was the reason or if it is a MLV converter related problem.

painya

Quote from: painya on February 23, 2014, 01:52:13 AM
Some additional details.
Most recent 6d TL build.1408x792
Windows 8.1 new and very fast machine.
Ifran, MLV viewer, and DNG converter are all installed.
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

tonybeccar

Hey all!!
Greeting from Boracay Island!

Just had time today to find an internet place and read all your messages... I see some progress going on around here.. i like the black frame thing, nice!! Will implement it for sure.. and all the other things. Will switch back to mlv_dump.. will add the chroma smoothing option.. will work on dual iso.. Also the xconvert is a nice find!!

Thinking about the proxies.. do you think I should continue developing them? I dont see much use for them.. really after the cinema dngs from chmee.. this converter i think is useless until he releases a command line.. will stick to regular dngs for now.. and polish the interface, bugfix and add this features for now.. dont know about proxies.. anyone uses them?? They take unbelievably long..

Anyway, cheers to everyone!!!! Thanks for the good wishes!
Tony.