[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chmee

@Panz
you#re welcome. finally its my own will to work with the raw files directly inside premiere. so development didnt stopped :)
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

tonybeccar

Quote from: ted ramasola on February 10, 2014, 03:17:16 AM
trying out 1.8.1 Tony,

when i select one of the clips it gives "cannot find FORMAT.DLL" . I have reinstalled the plugins from irfanview but still the same error. no thumbnail is generated. am i missing something?

It is faster though than previous versions.

You have to install irfan view, latest version and point the MLV Converter to the folder in program files, don't point it to the Tools folder.. forgot to remove i_view32 from there.. After that it should be fine!

tonybeccar

@panz, do you think the vertical stripes are a dealbreaker? Didnt see anything YET on my dngs.. though I read about it on the thread... is it abandoned? :/ I hope not... I was so amazed by the speed improvement. And chmee's program is awesome! Sometime soon we'll be able to use his program inside mine.. but right now that's not a possibility. Just installed the latest premiere so I wanna get to try those cdngs :D

ted ramasola

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 10, 2014, 04:44:23 AM
You have to install irfan view, latest version and point the MLV Converter to the folder in program files, don't point it to the Tools folder.. forgot to remove i_view32 from there.. After that it should be fine!

Ok, got it. How do I let the converter look for the files again? Like when its first run, so I can point it to the right i_view32 folder in program files? Is there a config file i need to delete?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Panz

@ tonybeccar, I have encoutered them a few times with my 7d. Especially when using ETTR, expose to the right and  stuff.
If you raise your lumincance a lot they are easily seen and ugly.

Maybe there could be a checkbox and user can decide if he wants to use mlv_dump or mlv2dng.

@chmee
good to know man! I think your app(with the vertical stripes correction and native mlv support) is the way to go about raw on any workflow(premiere, davicni, you name it) 

Malex

bug report : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2478549/error.txt
MLV converter just pop up an error when I hit convert, and nothing happens after I clic continue, v1.8.1

gary2013

Tony, I just updated to your latest and [am getting proxies now. I am also not getting some pop up windows waiting for my OK when doing more than one file. I sit here wondering why it is taking so long and I then find one of your pop up windows buried underneath my open winnows waiting for me to click OK, meanwhile holding up progress.

tonybeccar

Quote from: gary2013 on February 10, 2014, 11:40:14 AM
Tony, I just updated to your latest and [am getting proxies now. I am also not getting some pop up windows waiting for my OK when doing more than one file. I sit here wondering why it is taking so long and I then find one of your pop up windows buried underneath my open winnows waiting for me to click OK, meanwhile holding up progress.

Jeez... what does it say?? Must have been very stupid yesterday.. I use them for testing..

tonybeccar

Quote from: Malex on February 10, 2014, 09:50:51 AM
bug report : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2478549/error.txt
MLV converter just pop up an error when I hit convert, and nothing happens after I clic continue, v1.8.1

:S

OS? MLV with or withour sound?

tonybeccar

Quote from: Panz on February 10, 2014, 09:25:40 AM
@ tonybeccar, I have encoutered them a few times with my 7d. Especially when using ETTR, expose to the right and  stuff.
If you raise your lumincance a lot they are easily seen and ugly.

Maybe there could be a checkbox and user can decide if he wants to use mlv_dump or mlv2dng.

@chmee
good to know man! I think your app(with the vertical stripes correction and native mlv support) is the way to go about raw on any workflow(premiere, davicni, you name it)

Ok will make that happen then. Yes, chmee IS the way to go in ML RAW. Definitely.

Malex

@Tony: my os : win7 64bit
MLV without sound.

tonybeccar

Quote from: Malex on February 10, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
@Tony: my os : win7 64bit
MLV without sound.

I don't think it is really, but if you could try with sound it'll be great. Another question, do you have aero enabled?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 10, 2014, 02:19:20 AM
Ok, so I have to disable for non-audio mlv files.. I wonder if I can :S. BUT, do you think it's faster than extracting everything with mlv_dump still? mlv2dng does it in the blink of an eye...

Didn't make testes with the sames files to see if it's mroe fast, but it looks like =))  Only the sound=no sound is getting more time to the all conversion. 

rtf

How come when you convert to DNG lossless that it's half the size of the MLV file? Does this mean it get's compressed anyway? I compared the DNG's with some from the raw2dng converter and I see no difference though.

jayzed

Lossless means lossless compression which is exactly that. The files are compressed but no data is thrown away. Consider what happens when you zip or rar a file. If they looked any different on playback the compression would be lossy.

menoc

I think an option to skip the WAV file extraction would be good for those that use the 50D . . . for some reason it tries to extract a wav file even if there isn't one.

tonybeccar

Quote from: menoc on February 11, 2014, 01:07:14 AM
I think an option to skip the WAV file extraction would be good for those that use the 50D . . . for some reason it tries to extract a wav file even if there isn't one.

Yes, will add support for that in the next release!

gary2013

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 10, 2014, 04:21:53 PM
Jeez... what does it say?? Must have been very stupid yesterday.. I use them for testing..
I don't remember exactly. I think it was just saying it finished converting mlv and wanted to confirm to continue which it did after I clicked on the button saying OK. The green progress bar was also paused at that point. also, as I said, it was buried under other open windows. i will try and see the exact wording on the pop up next time i get to testing. can you make any pop up always be on top? that would help, too.

ted ramasola

Tony,

what happened to gary2013 also happened to me.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Malex

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 10, 2014, 04:50:04 PM
I don't think it is really, but if you could try with sound it'll be great. Another question, do you have aero enabled?
I just tried mlv with sound and it worked. Yes I have aero activated.

Luzestudio

Ey! Thanks for all the work.
One thing, that maybe it's my fault, when I try to load a multiple file MLV (mlv, ml0...) is just loads the first one and the other files, please check the screenshoot attached.

Is there anything I could to so all the files are loaded?

ps - I also have problems with the WAV extraction, because I'm with a 50D....

Best,

Xermán
-----
www.luzestudio.es

Arthur Rambo

Hope you'll have more holydays for a v1.9 Tony ;)

I did some tests with proxies, and they're all very different from my dng sequences (luminosity & colour temperature).
Which settings would you recommand to get a proxy that is the closest to the original dng sequences ?
Thank you !

Luzestudio

Quote from: menoc on February 11, 2014, 01:07:14 AM

+1 here :)
-----
www.luzestudio.es

Rush

Thank you very much for your work, Tony!
I still don't get proxies and now I have .tif files (previously proxies didn't work but .tif's were deleted after conversion).

Feature that will be good for sure - drag-n-drop support + don't require to set output folder - by default use .mlv's path for DNGs and Proxies.
Greetings from Russia!

Frank7D

Quote from: Luzestudio on February 11, 2014, 09:51:34 AM
Ey! Thanks for all the work.
One thing, that maybe it's my fault, when I try to load a multiple file MLV (mlv, ml0...) is just loads the first one and the other files, please check the screenshoot attached.

Is there anything I could to so all the files are loaded?

ps - I also have problems with the WAV extraction, because I'm with a 50D....

Best,

Xermán

That is normal behavior. All files will be processed, but it only shows you the .MLV files in the window. The M00, M01 etc. get merged with the .MLV as part of the extraction process.