[WINDOWS] MLV to DNG Batch Converter v1.9

Started by tonybeccar, January 27, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeccar

If you can send me a short .m00 file it'll be useful... so I can add all the frames inside each file, thus having a proper progress

gary2013

Quote from: tonybeccar on February 08, 2014, 05:13:22 PM
Ok thank you, so there's the problem!

Do you use the mlv metadata? Text and take?
Are you shooting with sound?
who are you talking to?

arrinkiiii

Ok, need to record again, as soon i record i put here a link. The file that i got have 4GB.  8)

tonybeccar

tonybeccar

Quote from: arrinkiiii on February 08, 2014, 06:02:45 PM
Ok, need to record again, as soon i record i put here a link. The file that i got have 4GB.  8)

Great, but so to be absolutely clear and find the error. 1923 frames is the count for the FIRST file, right? That probes it...

eightcore

It seems that the conversion library or whatever already supports splitted video files (*.m00), but the "GUI" doesn't know this. As a result, the percentage exceeds 100 percent (because e.g. 3600 of 2200 frames are exported), which throws a .Net error.

Edit: I tested it and it really works except the percentage error.

tonybeccar

v1.7.2!

Temporary fix for the bug of the splitted file. The percentage will STOP growing. Until I get a .M00 file to examine I won't be able to determine the total frame count, sorry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alh4i8tbyj1ti4l/MLV%20Converter%201.7.2.zip

Rush

Thank you very much! It's a great tool!

Hope that it will became multithreaded some day  :)
Greetings from Russia!

tonybeccar

Quote from: Rush on February 08, 2014, 09:10:05 PM
Thank you very much! It's a great tool!

Hope that it will became multithreaded some day  :)

Yeah, me too :) But it's not in my power for now (it's with mlv_dump)... except for ffmpeg, I think there's a -threads option, will implement it! ;)

Rush

Oh.. okay:)

What about simple DNG-extraction? mlv2dng is blazingly fast, but your tool looks like it processess every DNG (and it is up to 30x slower in fastest uncompress mode)...

(btw, I can't get prores proxies, but I see tiffs creating and removing)
Greetings from Russia!

arrinkiiii

Tony, the new build work good with the same files that i have from the early tests.

2 MLV files = .MLV + .M00   Work good !!! 

tonybeccar

Quote from: Rush on February 08, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
Oh.. okay:)

What about simple DNG-extraction? mlv2dng is blazingly fast, but your tool looks like it processess every DNG (and it is up to 30x slower in fastest uncompress mode)...

(btw, I can't get prores proxies, but I see tiffs creating and removing)

Didnt know about that one! ;) I am converting other things right now but I tested it and it seems very fast!! Oh yeah I can implement it alright!

EDIT: But mlv2dng doesnt extract audio!!! :/ dealbreaker really... anyway I can try with the no chroma smoothing option...
Also, was reading that if you disable chroma-smoothing on mlv_dump you get much faster results.. but I still dont know what chroma smoothing is and if it is neccesary.. so..

tonybeccar

Quote from: arrinkiiii on February 08, 2014, 10:01:47 PM
Tony, the new build work good with the same files that i have from the early tests.

2 MLV files = .MLV + .M00   Work good !!!

:D

tonybeccar

Just to clarify... been looking at the proxies. The first frame and the last frame are repeated. So the proxy has 2 more frames. And the frame rate issue I forgot to fix it also on the second proxy, my bad, hehe. Will fix both things by next ver. And also try to apply a curve to the overall image to make it brighter.

tonybeccar

I got proxies almost working. Black frames in the end are fixed, duplicate frame in the end fixed. What I cannot fix is the FIRST frame being duplicated, I dont know why it does that!!! At this stage I assume it's a bug of ffmpeg really... this is my command:

ffmpeg -r 23.976 -i "INPUT%06d.tiff" -i "INPUTWAV" -vcodec prores -profile:v 0 -aframes 49 -y "OUT.MOV"

The aframes were the missing part.. 49 is for my current clip.. varies over clips.

Does anyone have ANY clue why ffmpeg is duplicating the first frame? (and deleting the last one also) (frame count is the same, it's only 1 frame shift)

Using ffmpeg version: "ffmpeg version N-60274-gdce9321"

Markus

Best dng extraction program so far! Really like that the lossless compression almost gives you dngs close to half the size of uncompressed! My only problem at this point as others have remarked relates to speed. If the speed can get close to raw2dng speed with compressed dngs this would be amazing!  :D

tonybeccar

Quote from: joaomoutinho on February 07, 2014, 12:46:48 PM
I am running a win 7 64Bit  with i7processor and 1tbHDD.

I put everything as it should be. The Conversion of MLV to DNG takes some time (i still do not know how can I improve this time, because it is a killer in the workflow :(  )

and it does not make any proxies at all!

For all who are getting the NO proxie error... can you run a simple test? Convert the files as you normally would.. select to make the proxies you want, la la la. Now when the program says "Convertion succesful!", go to the DNG folder of the same clip and try to find the .wav file. Is it there? Is it 0KB in file size? Oh, and the most important thing I just realized... are you recording with audio? Because I think I am so stupid that I didnt make a detect mechanism for the audio, so if ffmpeg cannot find a wav file then it'll output an error.

Please confirm that proxy people!

tonybeccar

Quote from: Markus on February 09, 2014, 03:02:18 AM
Best dng extraction program so far! Really like that the lossless compression almost gives you dngs close to half the size of uncompressed! My only problem at this point as others have remarked relates to speed. If the speed can get close to raw2dng speed with compressed dngs this would be amazing!  :D

Already implemented for next version a MASSIVE speed increase! Instead of using mlv_dump now will use mlv2dng.. the speed difference is unbelievable, REALLY. So yey! And regarding the DNG compression, will check with the other software, but I dont think I can make it any faster.. it's up to the Adobe DNG Converter.

Cheers!

Markus

jayzed

Hey tonybeccar, excellent job. Much appreciated. At this risk of sounding like an ungrateful knob (I'm not - ungrateful that is, although all my 'friends' will tell you that I'm a knob) will it ever be possible to use a different file browser within the app? I can get around fine with the existing one but with the  version I see in some apps I can type the path by hand if it's easier than browsing through a folder dropdown. Or I might copy and paste the path into an address bar at the top of the file browser window. In the current version, sometimes I have to click all of four or five times (!) to select the folder used for DNGs etc. Yes, I know. It's a difficult life :-).

No priority, the work you've done is already making my life much simpler. And I understand if you are stuck with whatever you are given by the environment. I've seen plenty of paid-for apps which are less useful than yours that use the same disclosure/dropdown-only file browser, it's not a show stopper.

chmee

@tonybeccar
do you use lossless or the lossy compression? there are complaints (in the net) about visible changes in lossy compression. finally i do a compression via reducing the bitdepth to 12bit by recalculating the values (its ~75% of the original-file) - and that (12bit) is our goal for premiere CC.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Markus

Quote from: chmee on February 09, 2014, 01:37:11 PM
@tonybeccar
do you use lossless or the lossy compression? there are complaints (in the net) about visible changes in lossy compression. finally i do a compression via reducing the bitdepth to 12bit by recalculating the values (its ~75% of the original-file) - and that (12bit) is our goal for premiere CC.

regards chmee

Lossy reduces bitdepth to 8bit and is based on the same compression as mjpp... Lossless reduces size almost to half though! about 180gb/h thats almost the same as Dnxhd444 but ju still have your digital negatives and 14bit!

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

tonybeccar

Oh wow REALLY? 8bit are you SURE? Been using lossy, made comparisons with HEAVY color correction and they looked the same... :S I don't have my big monitor though... only my crappy laptop screen. Lossy is 25% of the original file.

tonybeccar

@chmee,

And you should be fine right? I mean we do have 11 or 12 stops of dynamic range anyway.. as I understand those should be only 12 bits? Don't know... seeing that just now about Media Reactor... brrrr really makes one wonder.. hehe