After Effects importing 23.976 fps as 30 fps

Started by WeekendWarrior, January 27, 2014, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeekendWarrior

Received my new Mark 3 recently and absolutely loving it. I'm in the process of getting this MLV raw recording down (thanks to magic lantern!) I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to achieve 23.976 (or even 24fps) because it seems After Effects is showing my footage and composition as 30fps, even though Im shooting 1920x1080 24 (canon menu) and shooting 1920x818 with FPS Override ON 23.976 (ML Menu). This is a fairly new build, (Jan 21st I believe). Shooting on a Mark 3 w/ Lexar 34gb 1000

Am I just tripping or is there another way to confirm this? Thanks guys!

ted ramasola

change your file's properties to 23.976 in after effects (interpret footage). Its default is 30fps.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 27, 2014, 06:55:39 AM
change your file's properties to 23.976 in after effects (interpret footage). Its default is 30fps.

And this process won't slow the footage down, correct?

ted ramasola

why don't you try and see what happens. You could learn something new today. ;)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

sacuna

If you have already imported your DNG sequences, you can right click in your sequence on the Project tab and interpret your footage. There you can change it to 24 fps. If you haven't imported your DNG sequences you can go to AE Preferences -> Import and change the frame rate from 30 to 24 or whatever you need. Than import your DNG sequences.