uninstall ML 7D (bootflag off)/ or selling the camera without bootflag off

Started by Brawl, January 26, 2014, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawl

I'm considering about selling my 7D, if I will do it is it important to remove magic lanter first?
In my camera the current firmware is 2.3, what will happend if I sell the camera without removing the bootflag, and then the new owner will update the camera to 2.5 firmware?

if I want to bootflag off my camera all that I need to do are those full steps?

1) download the file bootoff.bsdiff
2) take a new compact flash (formatted one, first NTFS on PC than formatted on camera)
4) put only the bootflag.bsdiff file on my compact flash (no other files, no magic lantern, no anything)
5) put the CF in the 7D and do the firmware upgrade?

no need to use EOScard?

thanks for your help.

Brawl

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 27, 2014, 09:04:20 AM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.msg63695#msg63695

thanks a lot for help Walter.

the guide say:
How do I uninstall ML?
You dont "uninstall" magiclantern per se, the only change to your camera is the bootflag and if a card without magiclantern is inserted it will run as normal.
If you DID want to remove magiclantern you can download the BootOff file and follow the instructions above.
Create the firmware file
Load into camera
Run firmware "update" to disable bootflag.
http://pel.hu/ML/bootoff.bsdiff

when the guide say "Create the firmware file" what does it mean with the word "create"? do I have to only dowload "bootoff.bsdiff" and put it on my CF/camera? or I need to do this operation changing "booton.bsdiff" "with "bootoff.bsdiff"?

Prepare the working directory:
1.  Run eos7d110.exe which will extract a file to a specific folder. I made a folder named MagicLantern on my desktop and extracted the file there.
2.  Move booton.bsdiff to that same folder.
3.  Extract bsdiff_win_exe.zip to that same folder
You should now have a folder with 5 files in it: 7d000110.fir, bsdiff.exe, bspatch.exe, license, and booton.bsdiff (exchange this file with bootoff.bsdiff?).

Create the update file
4.  Open command prompt (start - run - cmd, or type cmd in the start search bar, or start - programs - accessories - command prompt)
5.  Use the CD command to change the directory to the folder you put the files in. You can do this by opening the folder you created and copying the address (in the address bar at the top) and right click - paste in the command prompt.
For me this looked like 'C:\Users\Jon> CD C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\MagicLantern'<Enter>
6.  Now type: bspatch 7d000110.fir 7dbooton.fir booton.bsdiff (exchange this file with bootoff.bsdiff?) and press enter.
You should now see a file named '7dbooton.fir'. This is your update file, you will need it in a moment.

Prepare your CF card
7.  Make sure you have a freshly formatted card. I like to format the card as NTFS in windows then format the card again in the camera which changes the filesystem.
8.  Run EOScard. Select your CF card from the list.
9.  Check EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK
10.  Right click the ML icon
11.  Select 7d 2.0.3 alpha2 from the ports in progress.
12.  When the download finishes click SAVE at the top. Wait for it to finish writing files to your CF card
13.  Copy the '7dbooton.fir' file you created before to the CF card (don't put it in any folders).

Update your camera
14.  Put your CF card in your camera, set the dial to M, and turn er on.
15.  Open the menu, select the wrench, then firmware update.
16.  After the camera updates check MagicLantern by pressing the trashbin button.
17.  Check autoboot by turning off the camera, turning it on again, and pressing the trashbin button again.

must follow all of those steps?

thanks again for your help,

Brawl

Walter Schulz

Brawl

thank you Walter if needed I will follow all the steps listed in the main guide to install the bootflag (this time off).

summit

hello all MLs,

i am trying to uninstall ML from my 7d but i clould not find bootoff.bsdiff

please anyone can re-upload it or send it me

thank you in advance 

Audionut