[DONE] Improvments for picture review

Started by Marsu42, June 15, 2012, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

So this is the place to repeat older feature requests from other boards for you to compile them, right? Ok, here you go :-)

1. Zoom wrap-around: I'm using the very convenient zoom to 100%, but the next step for me is always to zoom back to 0% going to multiple useless steps. If would be very convenient if there was an added option or default to make the + zoom button (I'm on a 60d) switch back to 0% instantly after the 0%->100% step. When zooming incrementally, the + button should still stop at 100% to prevent involuntary wrap-arounds.

2. Zoom to af point: Rather than always zooming to the middle, it would be nice to make ml go to the or one of the active af points. The 5d3 has this feature (and instant 100%) out of the box.

a1ex

1. You can press PLAY to go back at 0%.

2. This needs a bit of reverse engineering. BTW, I'm trying to finish the stable release for 5D2, so until then I'll skip the feature requests.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on June 15, 2012, 04:50:28 PM
BTW, I'm trying to finish the stable release for 5D2, so until then I'll skip the feature requests.

I knew you are busy, but in the topic "Features on the TODO list - things that ARE possible" it says "Things from this list will be implemented AFTER the next release, so please do not ask when they will be done" - so I thought it is ok to add requests to this list, and not that requests are currently not allowed at all, maybe you should make that clearer.

Rehaan

Quote from: Marsu42 on June 15, 2012, 01:10:15 PM1. Zoom wrap-around: I'm using the very convenient zoom to 100%, but the next step for me is always to zoom back to 0%

This is a brilliant idea!! Exactly the same for me, and many others who just want to check focus really quickly.

I didn't know about using the "Play" button as a1ex mentioned -- and that's precisely why i love Marsu42's idea - its an intuitive and quick user experience!

GREAT job with ML a1ex & team - you're the reason i bought my DSLR :)

Rehaan

I see that this has eventually been implemented! AWESOME! Thanks  :D

"Very fast playback zoom
For photographers this function is invaluable – simply press Zoom-In one time, and Magic Lantern will zoom all the way in. With fast 100% zoom you will be checking critical focus much faster than with standard firmware and multiple button pushes before you get to full zoom. Press Zoom-In again and you are back at full view. This option is fully configurable – you can choose to zoom in center, on current AF point, or remember last position."

Source: http://www.magiclantern.fm/releasenotes