Error Importing .dng files into AE CS5 using latest version of raw2dng.exe

Started by chriswaltner, January 25, 2014, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriswaltner

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been solved somewhere else on the forums but I am unable to find a solution.

I am running ML on my 5D Mark III.  When I started testing raw a couple of weeks ago, I was using an older version of raw2dng.exe that was linked on a tutorial video.  Everything was working fine but I noticed vertical stripes on some of my footage and read that the newest version of raw2dng.exe might resolve this.  So, I downloaded the latest version from the forums and now, once I convert from .raw to .dng, the files won't open up in After Effects.  I get the following error:

After Effects error: Photoshop file format error (-30504).

( 45 :: 35 )

I updated both After Effects CS5 (to version 10.0.2.4) and the Camera Raw plugin (to version 6.7).  If I convert the same .raw file with both the older and latest versions of raw2dng.exe, the older version .dng files open in After Effects but the lastest version .dng files do not open and I get the error.  Therefore, it must have something to do with the latest version of raw2dng.exe and the combination of the camera and/or software I am using?

Here are the files I am working with:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Byeql7NN35ZOb3MySXNUbm9HRUU&usp=sharing

If any one could take a quick look or has any insight on this issue, I would GREATLY appreciate some help.  I have been pulling my hair out for the last couple of days.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

chriswaltner

Quote from: a1ex on January 25, 2014, 08:16:51 PM
Solved.

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to the forums.  Does this mean raw2dng.exe has been updated to fix this issue?  Or, does it mean I can find the solution somewhere on the forums?

Thanks!

ted ramasola

I have tested your .raw file and it opens just fine on my AE CS5. I used rawanizer on it with an old raw2dng.exe in its tools folder dated jul 7, 2013.

You can download rawanizer hereand just update the raw2dng in its installation folder in the program files directory.: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5557.0

However since MLV is now maturing the developer somehow stopped supporting the rawanizer app. I suggest to transition to MLV as its the one holding promise with sound support etc.

Get the browser and extracting app here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8447.0
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

chriswaltner

I grabbed the latest version of raw2dng.exe and it working now. THANKS YOU! Also fixed my vertical stripes issue!!

Thanks so much Alex for all your hard work on this! Amazing stuff!

a1ex

That's the power of a proper bug report. Once some bug can be reproduced, fixing it is usually easy (for this example, it took more to write this forum post).

(of course, there are properly reported bugs where a fix might require years of reverse engineering - I'm looking at the EOS-M shutter bug... but these are rare)