RAW on T2i (ML 2.3)

Started by adigo13, January 25, 2014, 05:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adigo13

Hey there everyone!
This is my first time ever using ML on my canon t2i and the main reason I installed it is to try out the raw feature. I've looked everywhere and watched many videos online but I don't seem to find modules or anything else to enable raw on my camera. There's just no M in the menu. I don't know how other people have it and I don't even though we use the same type of camera. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please help me out! Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse nightly builds

adigo13

Thank you! I'm seriously new to this.. is it safe to use nightly builds? are they stable?

Walter Schulz

Stable is stable. Nightly is not considered to be stable.
Safe? There is no such thing with ML. You take the risk or not. Read disclaimers and make your choice.

On the other side: I use nightly builds on 7D and 650D for some time.

Ciao
Walter

robschii

How fast can the 550d write to sd card.
I want to buy a new sd card for raw video

ItsMeLenny

robschii

Thank you for the link 
should i buy a other camera ?

pilgrim

@robschii : Try first on T2i, if it is enough then you stick, if you need full HD then 5D will be better. There are some camera rental which provide 5D with the Magic Lantern installed in it, if existed in your city that is another way to try.  All depend on the final target of the master. Please, think also the supporting work flow, hard-disk, monitor (no sense to work in full HD without good and calibrated monitor), card graphic, CPU, editing program, etc.

@adigo13 : is it safe to use nightly builds? are they stable?
I use the Magic Lantern since 3 years, and I don't have a serious problem. On the first year, sometime we need to take out the battery   :-\  but it's a kind of memories now. And since last year I use the night build on the regular work. I depend a lot with ML now  :) :) :) I use also another bigger camera (Sony) but with this ML I can have the menu or function on the big camera and I can go alone, without a help from other person, to bring camera, tripod, batteries, etc with excellent result as the big camera. The difficulty arrived, for me, with the work flow. But now I am happy with the program "MLV Converter" or "mlrawviewer" : they work well in my Windows 7 and MacOS Maverick.
The last thing, I am sorry that I can't guarantee that you will have trouble free. Yes, we take the risk for ourselves.