Does enabling boot flag show date?

Started by ItsaTarp, January 25, 2014, 02:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsaTarp

Hi,

I was just wondering if enabling boot flag on my 5D3 would show a date of when it was enabled.

Cheers

a1ex

No, but you can mark it on a calendar if you want.

ItsaTarp

Thanks a1ex, but I ask because I'm a teacher and a student changed the bootflag. Now I'm afraid the warranty might be void. Is there a way for me to check when this happened? Then I'll be able to check with the registers who borrowed it.

Walter Schulz

ItsaTarp

I see, I read this article (http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=17898) where it says it does. In any case, I'd still like to know if I can trace back the student so I could have a word with him/her.

Walter Schulz

Cinema5D is not Canon's legal department.
Contact Canon and ask again what has been discussed some time ago.
- If you send in a camera with a defect that can be linked to ML you will be facing troubles.
- If you send in a camera with a defect not connected to ML Bob is your uncle.

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

ItsaTarp

ted ramasola

could you tell us how you could tell the bootflag was changed?

Because as far as I remembered ML still can't remove the bootflag from the mk3 once installed.
Maybe your student could share his knowledge on how it can be done. A lot of mk3 users would be very grateful since it affects wake up time and has been clamoring for a way for it to be removed.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Walter Schulz

Mixup with terms/words.
His problem is a 5D3 with bootflag enabled.
And as far as I understood there is a way to reset this bootflag (with assistance and care) but there is no safe method to remove it: It's not safe for end users.

Ciao
Walter

ilguercio

Get their fringerprints off the grip and you're done.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.